AOL / CANCELLED SVC AND STILL GETTING BILLED EACH MONTH

10505 Burton Park Drive SWFrostburg, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301 689-6478
My Mother is 80 and has tried for close to a year to cancel her AOL service (she hasn't had a computer for months). TWX*AOL SERVICE 0808, [protected] continues to bill her checking account each month. I don't even understand the charges. She has tried calling them but they say they can not help her unless she gives them her e-mail address and password. She has not used either for months and has forgotten them. I have now stepped in to try and resolve the issue but getting the run a round. I have provided my e-mail address for feedback.

Comments

Bl
  26th of Jun, 2009
This might sound like a crazy solution to your problem but it may be your only hope. CANCEL the credit card they are using to bill her. Just cancel the card ASAP. I used to have AOL a million years ago, and I had a hard time getting then to let us cancel our account. Seems they are a crappy internet provider and as a last resort to losing lots of customers they want to hang onto everyone's coat tails. AOL is a dinosaur they has been dying a slow death for a lonnnnng looong looong time...you can get free email accounts with either yahoo or google & they are both totally free & good.
Bi
  2nd of Jul, 2009
file a complaint with the BBB, better business bureau, file a complaint with the federal communications agency, add up all the charges that she was billed, go to civil court and file a lawsuit for the amount and 1, 000, 000 dollars in punitive damages.

the lawsuit will get thrown out, however in the process, you will receive a full refund and the billing will end.

might even be a chance the judge despises AOL Time warner and decides to hear the case. might get lucky, if so... you owe me a 15% cut of your winnings.

AOL Logo AOL