AO Smith Commerical Heater / Do not buy from them

$5000 Water Heater failed after only 5 years with very little use and caused catastrophic damage. Their water heaters don't just leak when they fail they explode. This company does not stand by their products.

Ed

Comments

• Be
      26th of Jan, 2010

I am disappointed of A. O. Smith water heater has not performed as it should after four years. I discovered the pilot of my water heater was off. I tried to light up the pilot but it wouldn’t work. I called in a plumber and found out that the pilot was defected and there was a slow tank leaking at manifold. Most water heaters do last for ten or more years. I send my plumber to the store for a warranty replacement. The store charged me $130 for a different model GCNH-50 because GCV-50 was no longer available in California. I spend $600 to replace my water heater that is still under warranty. It doesn’t sound right to me. I am stuck with the service call ($120), installation cost ($350), and cost of the warranty replacement water heater ($130). I will never buy A. O. Smith water heater again. Their warranty sucks.

• At
      11th of Sep, 2015

Even being a plumbing contractor, AO Smith treats us like what sits in the bottom of the toilet. A.O. Smith representative for this area, Ron Carter, refuses to pay us when their garbage fails within the 1 year time frame and we have to go out and fix them at all hours. Their cover answer to all questions is, the plumber did something wrong . Why yes we did do something wrong, we bought one of your poorly designed units . They make us look bad to our clients, who we always strive to supply the best equipment and service . Never EVER buy a A.O. Smith . Period . Many of us have abandoned what was a good company years ago for Rheem or Bradford - White . Good tech lines, answers and help .