Anytime Fitness / ridiculous cancellation rules

Laugh at this all you "contract know-it-alls" !!! I moved from one place to another. My new location was 18.4 + miles away from a single Anytime Fitness. I contacted them, wishing to cancel due to a move that put me 15+ miles away from an Anytime Fitness (as their cancelation rules stipulate) and provided sufficient proof of this. WELL, they cant cancel, because although I AM 18 + miles away by driving distance to an Anytime Fitness (RandMcNally, GOOGLEmaps, Yahoo Maps, and Map Quest ALL confimed this) I AM however' 14.36 miles away IF YOU FLEW!!! I crap you not, they use the radius of an area and plot a line map..through fields, cities, buildings, houses...and if you arent 15miles away "as the crow flies"? well, have fun with your ### membership! Anytime Fitness sucks

Anytime Fitness
Anytime Fitness

Km

Comments

• Co
      5th of Dec, 2009

Kmeis,

I think your complaint is absolutely valid...
    If you provided appropriate proof showing you have permanently moved and Mapquest shows it, that should be good.

What did you provide to prove your permanent relocation? and Who did you speak to at the Club?

Charlie,

Ya right... It's a massive conspiracy and AIG is even behind it!?
    Take it to Congress for a thorough investigation... OH, they are probably in it with the CC companies too?

Get serious.

• Ha
      10th of Dec, 2009

I agree!!! I am in the middle of trying to cancel my 12moth gym membership that was up in October, but I'm still getting charged. I've called Anytime Fitness and their billing company ABC Financial and since October neither of them have been able to cancel my membership! AF says I have to cancel through ABC and ABC says I have to cancel through AF...it's so frustrating. Now, I'm being told if I don't pay I'm going to get turned into a debt collector! I paid all 12 months that I signed up for on time with no problems!

• Co
      11th of Dec, 2009

Crazeee,

We have known at least 4 friends that have cancelled their memberships because they could not stay in the habit of working out... None of them had any issues = They went into the club gave 30 days notice and were given a cancel confirmation letter to leave with.

16th of Dec, 2009

I'm in the same boat. Check it out: http://876newbold.wordpress.com/2009/12/16/anytime-fitness-fails-at-abcs/. They're STILL taking money out of my account! This place is a JOKE!

• Bi
      30th of Dec, 2009

I walked in an anytime fitness and advised the staff member that I am interested in a membership but not ready to sign a contract for a year. I advised him that I wished a month to month membership until I was comfortable with whether I was prepared to commit. He advised me that corporate policy does not allow one month contracts. Upon returning home I checked the website and learned that one month membershios are indeed offered. I was then advised that they PREFER that customers sign a one year contract because "they treat the place like home" The representative was not truthful with me in his attempt to persuade me to sign a contract and as a result I have signed on with another gym.

• Ck
      25th of Jan, 2010

I just called to cancel my membership - 1/25/2010. I was told to have it in writing, with a 30 day notice and in a registered post. OR fax it but, their faxes are only 92% successful.

DON'T EVERY JOIN ANYTIME FITNESS. IT IS NOT WORTH THE PAIN TO GET OUT.

16th of Aug, 2010

I had no problem canceling, once my membership was up, I emailed a 30 day notice so I could track it to [email protected]

They confirmed it with me and everything. Great customer service. With summer coming to an end, time to join back up!!

• Br
      21st of Jan, 2011

I am sorry to hear of all the bad about "cancellations" I am new to Anytime Fitness and Love It!!! I am learning so many things I would not have, it were not for the club...Mind over Matter...have a good day!!! B. Frick, Bartlett IL.

• Cr
      24th of Dec, 2012

Anytime Fitness clubs are concerned solely about making money - not helping their clients achieve their fitness goals. I was a franchise owner and I can tell you that it's a mentality that seeps down from the franchise founder thru the company and down to the individual owners. All they care about is charging everyone for everything and making money. That's why I was only briefly an owner - they were out to screw me just like they do all of their club members.

• Tr
      7th of Feb, 2013

Anytime fitness is single handingly the BEST gym and Smartest decision, if you listen to these posts, your nuts. monthly options are fine its soley up to your decison, people are nice and will do aything to suit your needs

• Se
    Medford
    Oregon
    Phone: (541) 973-2700
    anytimefitness.com

I accidentally left a an expensive skin treatment oil on the changing room. The manager, Jake Schied was the only person I saw near there as I was working out. I asked about the oil, he denied taking it or seeing the deodorant I had also left. The deodorant was in the trash. I would guess Jake stole the valuable oil.

• Ze
      13th of Mar, 2015
    Anytime Fitness - Lied to customer to avoid customer to cancel
    Anytime fitness
    Brampton
    Canada

I got a call from them,
    In that call I told them I want to cancel due to relocation,
    They told me they are in the area I am relocating to,
    I didn't cancel, continued my membership,
    They were not in that area,
    I got tricked with no proof.

Great way to scam.

• Ze
      13th of Mar, 2015

Staff is a gang that supports bad behaviour. And encourage it by having each other's back. Including the owner.

• El
      8th of May, 2015

the finance company tried to bill me for 1 day, even though the membership was still valid. this is what you can expect from them.
    You may view the status of your membership or make a payment online by visiting our website at:

ABC Financial
    This communication is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
    Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid. If you notify this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment or verification. If you request from this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice, this office will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

ABC Financial Services, INC.
    P.O.Box 6800
    Sherwood, AR. 72124-6800

ABC Financial Services is the billing company for your Anytime Fitness Uxbridge membership. At this time your membership is past due. Please take the necessary action to bring your membership current. Further delays could result in the interruption of your membership.
    Below are the amounts for which your membership are due. If necessary, you may provide ABC with new drafting information by contacting our Customer Care Division.

Past Due April 22, 2015 $12.50

Late Charge $9.50

Service Charge $19.50

Total $41.50

anytime fitness doesn't tell you about this 3rd party biller.

• El
      8th of May, 2015

now they are trying to tell me the only was to cancel is by writing them a letter. hope you all copy/past this info all over the internet to help others from this scam. going to send this stuff to the local newspapers in Worcester ma.

• Me

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at [email protected] with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Stephanie Cook
    Customer Relationship Specialist
    ABC Financial Services

• Re
      10th of Jun, 2015

Rude staff, clique of sorts and definitely intertwined staff to include management. Inconsistent fees, inconsistent enforcement of rules, very much disappointed with the unprofessionalism of staff. From a humble small town gym comfortable and appropriate for seniors, to a mismanaged bimbo and her owner boyfriend. SMH