ANTonline.com/IPod Video Cable / refused to refund defective merchandise

I ordered an Ipod video cable from antonline.com to hook my Ipod up to the RCA connections on my TV. The website did not specify that there was any specific Ipod this cable was made for, so I figured that Ipod is Ipod--it should work for all. I got the thing, opened it, hooked everything up and...wait for it...NOTHING HAPPENED. I call customer service, and they say it is for the Ipod VIDEO only. I send in an RMA request which is summarily denied because (oh man, this really got me) I actually opened the package to take the product out and try it to make sure it worked! I worked in retail for 8 years, and I can at least say the companies I was with never tried this bull crap on the consumer. We have the right to test what we bought to make sure it works before deciding to keep it or not. Defective products ought to be replaced, and wrongfully advertised ones should be reconciled with the proper product so long as the old one is returned. Now, I know no one will be held accountable for this (I have sent numerous e-mails demanding to speak to someone in authority) but those that perpetuate this ridiculousness and "customer is always wrong" attitude ought to be ashamed of themselves. Organizations like the BBB exist because we as Americans don't live in a "caveat emptor" society. Don't think I haven't reported your lack of attention to customer issues to them as well. To everyone reading this--spend your money elsewhere. Help support your local stores by spending it in a brick and mortar store. Chances are, they have better customer service anyway.

ANTOnline Logo ANTOnline