Ann Taylor Loft / Online Customer Service

United States, Oakland California
Ann Taylor Loft
Oakland California
I attempted to place an order a month ago on their website during a sale using a gift card, and it told me my order went through. I never received a confirmation email or an order number, but my gift card balance was $0.

I called today to find out what happened, and a wonderful service rep talked me through everything. She told me that they could reimburse the money, but not back onto the card; instead they would just repay the money that they had "lost". She agreed to refund the money if I called back with my credit card number and complaint number.

I called back, and the woman on the line told me that they could put the money back on the gift card, but not on my credit card. She put me on hold 3 times, and each time returned with the same spiel. Finally I asked to be transferred to a manager, who merely said the same thing ("Your card was placed on an authorization hold, we can credit your back and the money will be on your card within 24 to 48 hours."). LOFT - it is YOUR website that screwed up, don't make the customers pay for your mistakes!
Aug 11, 2015

Loft (Ann Taylor) Logo Loft (Ann Taylor)
4079 Executive Parkway