Anfi Collections / Cingular bill fraud!

I got a letter from a company call AFNI, Inc. They said I had an outstanding debt from a unpaid bill to Cingular for $510.26 and I had to pay it to avoid damage to my credit report. I went to their online website and disputed it and recently received a letter that in accordance with 15 USC 1692g, Anfi will resume collection activities. I do not know where to begin to fight this. The phone number they have is a W. Palm Beach, FL number and I have never lived in Florida my entire life, but somehow they have my parents address in LA. I have always used Cingular, but I have always had the same number and never started a new account with them. They told me that the bills were sent to my parents house and were paid for two out of the four years that the account was open. My mother has always lived in the house I grew up in for the past 29 years she would not let a bill under my name go unnoticed. I called the AFNI and they told me that it was probably my siblings and I should question them. That would never happen in my families household!!! I really need to know what I can do to fight this and get this off of my record.
Thanks C.P.

Comments

• Na
      13th of Oct, 2007

I just got the same deal for like 233 dollars. Good thing I got that credit report! Ive never had singular in my life. I don't know how to fight it either!