Ancestry.com Operations Inc. / ancestry services and trials

Lehi, UT, United States

I entered my CC information for a trial subscription to Ancestry.com

I did not use the service but one day. I did "Attempt" to cancel my subscription, however, the cancellation process via the website takes you through three different prompts before it actually cancels. Needless to say, I thought I was cancelling only to find my account is currently attampting to be charged. Being that funds are not in the bank, I will be charged an overdraft fee.

I called Ancestry customer service only to be on hold for literally 47 minutes!!! which is outrageous. Ancestry refused to refund my money, although it is the day my subscription has begun (Or trial has ended) and the service was not, is not and will not be used. I think it is shameful that a company of this magnitude has such horrendous policies and customer service!!

Over the past year I had similar situations with Go Daddy AND Audible.com and they both promptly refunded money into my account even though it was a couple of days past the trial period. Not Ancestry. Ancestry should follow or at least try to emulate these companies instead of practices that try to scrape as much piddly change as they can from customers.

[protected]@gmail.com