Ancestry.com Operations Inc. Logo

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.

Having problems with Ancestry.com Operations Inc.?

360 W 4800 N,
Provo, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ancestry.com Operations Inc..

Complaints & Reviews

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.Complaint against unethical behaviour of another member

There is an Ancestry member with whom I have no DNA match. This man has downloaded all of our family photos with pretense that they are his family members.I have contacted this man before asking him to remove them.Then he made his tree private.He has again made it public and has also downloaded a photo of my deceased Mother which has upset me very much.I want action taken against this member and am giving you the link to his account.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.Unauthorized Transactions

In December of 2019 I was charged $19.99 two different times for nothing. I did not have a monthly service in place, I did not start a free trial. The only service I purchased was my DNA kit from Christmas of 2018 with no monthly services. I did not have to cancel anything just 2 random charges from Ancestrycom for $19.99 each. I have been in communication with Ancestry trying to get this issue resolved. First they wanted a picture of my bank statement, then they wanted an "acquirers reference number" for the transactions from my bank. My bank had never heard of an acquirers reference number but gave me every number associated with the transactions. When I gave Ancestry those numbers they replied by saying, "turns out it was a payment through Paypal" which is not true as it would show up on my bank statement as such. I also haven't used Paypal in years. I think at this point they are just lying to me to waste time hoping I will give up. This is absurd and I felt compelled to report them.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.subscription over charge

I signed up for the 2 week free trial on ancestry.com and subscribed to the $19.99 a month plan when I got my bank statement they charged me $34.99 causing an overdraft I have tried calling several times but it either rings and goes to a busy signal or says my wait time is more than an hour so I emailed them got no reply so called again today and now it says they are closed due to unforeseen circumstances I am so disgusted

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.ancestry.com dna test appears to be a scam. no answer after two months, can't contact them either to complain.

Since I was curious about my Native American DNA, I decided to see what other genes I had in my family's past. I sent off for my DNA test from Ancestry.com and took the test over 8 weeks ago. I did all of the registering and took the test and sent it in to be processed. Well, it has been over 8 weeks and nothing has been sent to me on the web, or otherwise. I went on their web page but this is useless because there is NO way to contact them in ANYWAY. I am starting to think this company is a rip off and should not be trusted with your money or your DNA. I guess the old saying applies to me and all of the other people who trusted this alleged company: "A fool and his money are soon parted." The AG of America needs to check into this company's credentials and follow up on our complaints because this company is NOT delivering what it promises to America's Consumers. America, please keep your money or try some other DNA company that is more legit. Ancestry.com is not what it appears to be in its ads.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.rip off

I had a subscription to ancestry, paid for monthly. I searched and collected information on my family trees. Now I can't view them or print because I no longer have a subscription. I feel I collected the information and paid for what is on my family tree and I should be able to view and print my paid for information. This is a rip off to pay for months and then not be able to view later. What is the point in paying to build a family tree, and searching for months, to have no access to it when you are finished? If I would have known I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on it.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.dna testing

I sent in a DNA sample and received the results. DNA does not have anything to do with my heritage except that it matches my paternal naming convention. The 23 chromosomes I received from my mother should contain 11 or 12 from grandfather (100% Swedish) and 11 or 12 from grandmother (English, German, Shawnee (native American). The paternal DNA would contain (black Irish, English, and other). The first thing the do is to try and sell you the idea of spending more money (do more tests, join some sort of family tree comparisons, etc) This is a complete lie and I do not condone any of the testing they are using to perpetuate a con.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc. — I was charged for a subscription I never did

My wallet got stolen with my debit card in it and someone who must know me and my info use it and purchased a...

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.monthly charge for subscription

I had an Ancestry.com account I cancelled Aug 2015 over the phone. I could not understand why Ancestry was still billing me. It was something every month I told myself for the last 22 months to find out why. I just spoke to them because I could see my account however as a guest. The answer was I was paying for an account with a different email that I requested for a free trial in June 2015 which I never did. When the person helped me log in I told him that is 1 family tree of mine however I had 4 family trees and I have never been on that account. Instead of helping to resolve the issue he told me I had 2 more days of the billing cycle to use the account. I told him this is a SCAM and I will be reporting it. He was from overseas no doubt reading from a script. Lesson learned if you see something being charged to your account notify immediately if you have cancelled it. Seeing the number of complaints regarding Ancestry at this point it feels like a SCAM

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.ancestry services and trials

I entered my CC information for a trial subscription to Ancestry.com

I did not use the service but one day. I did "Attempt" to cancel my subscription, however, the cancellation process via the website takes you through three different prompts before it actually cancels. Needless to say, I thought I was cancelling only to find my account is currently attampting to be charged. Being that funds are not in the bank, I will be charged an overdraft fee.

I called Ancestry customer service only to be on hold for literally 47 minutes!!! which is outrageous. Ancestry refused to refund my money, although it is the day my subscription has begun (Or trial has ended) and the service was not, is not and will not be used. I think it is shameful that a company of this magnitude has such horrendous policies and customer service!!

Over the past year I had similar situations with Go Daddy AND Audible.com and they both promptly refunded money into my account even though it was a couple of days past the trial period. Not Ancestry. Ancestry should follow or at least try to emulate these companies instead of practices that try to scrape as much piddly change as they can from customers.

[protected]@gmail.com

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.Ancestry needs to give me a refund.

In june 16 2016, I paid $106 for 6 month account. My credit card was charged on june 16 2016 as well. What I didn't realize is that on december 16 2016,
                  My credit card would again be charged for another 6 month term.
                  I read some of the tac but not all.
                  On december 18 2016, I realized I had been charged for another 6 months.
                  I did not authorize that charge. I submitted a cancellation notification on december 27 2016.
                  According to the result of that cancellation, I would receive a $.0.00 refund.
                  I had already reviewed the terms and conditions and cancellation section,
                  And it clearly said,
                  "you may cancel a free trial at any time during the free trial period and incur no charge. For all initial purchases of subscriptions longer than one month, you may cancel during the first 30 days (Calculated from the date of purchase plus any free trial period, if applicable) and receive a full refund. If the cancellation occurs after the first 30 days, you will not be eligible for a refund. "
                  What ancestry.com phone number is the best one to use to talk to someone and get this resolved and to get my refund asap?

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.DNA tests

I submitted a sample to be tested for my ancestry and a seperate one for my mothers. Mine came back 100 % European. It's been long past the 8 weeks they said it would take for my mothers. The commerical shows a pie or breakdown of your nationalities. 100% European could be many different countries of origin. I asked for a refund but had never gotten a reply.

Ancestry.com Operations Inc.Fraud for service never asked for and was charged

Hello my name is Marisol Colon. My gmail is javier.[protected]@gmail.com. I found out by my bank that i was being charged by Ancestry for service. Back in September I visit the site as a broswer, but never assign or took the free trail given. i never gave my bank account to them. I actually relise in July when I ask my bank who was pulling out money from my account. I sent a email to thier support and never got a answer. I got a email asking for a update on my credit card infromation to collect payment. I have never recieved any information from them, Never got a email until 2 days ago regarding payment. they have never provided me with any kind of service. I finally got a agent to cancel the account over the phone cancelation number is [protected]. It was done 09/06/2016 by Gina. Please advise prompty.

Ancarchives.com — I have no idea who these people are

I was checking bank balance and saw the charge from Ancarchives.com. I have no idea who these people are and...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices