Amtrak / bad ride, food, service
The trip South in January had a few problems but the return in early March was a disaster. We ride in the lower level as my wife cannot climb the stairs.
The ride was so rough, it bounced my sleeping head on the window. Too fast over bad tracks.
We had our meals delivered to our seats - service was poor as was the food. The fish (Tilapia) was burned for dinner but the rice was ice cold. In the morning, the milk for our cereal was frozen solid.
A trip to the diner (no service) got some useable but still with ice crystals. Hard to get coffee as well.
Long wait at Lorton - all water fountains broken. Place was a dump.
More Amtrak Complaints & Reviews
- Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse 
- Axis, Amtrak, Jody - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar 
- Amtrak - disrespect 
- Amtrak - refund policy: no rules 
- Amtrak - amtrak communication error is costing the customer
- Amtrak - policy regarding a single adult traveling with more than one child
- Amtrak - child endangerment
- Amtrak - new car: brutal uncomfortable seats, toilet cover won't close for flushing (eww)
- Amtrak - train delayed
- Amtrak - black mold