AmeriCredit / Harassment

Powder Springs
I have a new Chevrolet and the dealer financed it through Americredit instead of GMAC. I have paid off 8 loans with GMAC with no problem but the dealer told me a they were not loaning money at the time I purchased so they had to use Americredit instead. They first indication they were crooks was they were charging me 13% interest on a 60 month loan. When I complained I was told I had no choice and could refinance the car when things got better to lower my rate. Like an idiot, I was excited about getting a new car and signed the contract. This months payment was due on the 23rd and I was in the hospital and did not make payment yet. They started calling on the 24th every hour from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. My wife told them I was in the hospital they said they did not care. Then the started calling my work and was told I was in the hospital They wanted to know which hospital I was in. When my fellow workers refused to tell them, they told them it was about a late payment and it was imperative they talk to me immediately. I am still in the hospital and they still call every hour to my home and business. My work threatened to fire me if they don't stop calling because they are keeping people on the phone while they are getting paid to work. My wife said the caller ID is full of threatening messages. Don't be suckered in to using these people take your time and get financing elsewhere.

D  15th of Apr, 2009 by
yeah paid off 8 loans whatever!!!...y0ur first payment was expected so all of your money went towards your hospital stay right?

yeah whatever
N  26th of Apr, 2011 by
Why does americredit harass people after they have been asked not to call anymore. example - i have an account with americredit and am not the best customer however there are people that were listed on my papers that i have no contact with any longer but yet they get harassed after being asked to stop. also why does americredit contact people and harass people who have no have nothing to do with the the account. i have told those who get harassed by americredit to call the cops and file a complaint as well as the BBB and there state attorneys office too. this crap has to stop. i'm sure americredit will have a BS reason.