AmeriCredit / Unfair Lending Practices

1 Madera, CA, United States Review updated:

I am currently in a situation with Americredit and I would like to know how can we get together and form a class action suit against them. This is not right!!!

Comments

• 0 Votes

My car was totaled 12/24/08 I had GAP, it took 5 months to settle while I DID make payments to Americredit monthly WHILE WAITING ON GAP (another set of complaints with The One GAP). Gap promised to reimburse for my payments due to time it takes for payoff.. Meanwhile Americredit is still calling for payments indicating I will get my money back.

Waiting for GAP to pay...while making payments to save my credit...

January payment made on : Feb 14 (before 30 days)
    February payment made on : March 14(before 30 days)
    March Payment made on : April 14(before 30 days)

STATEMENT BALANCE ON 4/26/09 = $4625.35 including late fees
    PAYOFF ONLINE 5/8/09 WAS $5000 ($375.00 more than balance)
    GAP PAYS $5816.00 on 5/11/09 (before 30 days) of next payment thank god.

REFUND SHOULD BE
    PAYOFF BALANCE - GAP
    $5000 - $5816 = -$816

CALLED AMERICREDIT FOR MY REFUND AND WAS TOLD THEY DID NOT SEE A REFUND, KEP ME ON PHONE FOR 10 MINUTES THEN SAID $59.00 REFUND.
    COMPLAINED IT WAS INCORRECT, SAID THEY WILL RESEARCH AND CALL ME BACK.

I am getting ready to complain to Attorney General Office. I will get my refund back somehow.

• Ev
      26th of Jul, 2009

I wrote letters to Americredit. I did not receive payment until about July 1st, after they received GAP on May 11, 2009. It was past 30 days and no replies or any feedback about refund or no one could tell me what my refund was. I received my refund and now I am pleased, but I did send letters to BBB and State Attorney General's Office.

• Ms
      7th of Aug, 2009

I also would like to know how to get together on a class action suit. My woke up @ 1 am this morning to the awful sound of my car being repoed. No knock on the door. I live in a gated community and don't know how they got in. One of the guys was very annoying, taunting me as my family and I removed our belongings from the car.

Yes, I call them this morning to see about re-instatement and there is an extra $800 tacked on to what my due balance is. How the hell are these towing company charging for storage now? It had only been 9 hours!! WTF! Needless to say, the guy I spoke to was rude (as they always are!!). When I asked to speak to a Manager he refused, saying they were not going to help me.

Reading from the hundreds and tohousands of "horror" stories with these people, it's clear these people need to be stopped. If anyone knows of a class action suit in the works, count me in. I can be reached via email: jirehsdghter03@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Sheri

• Wo
      21st of Sep, 2009

Yes I want to get involved in a classs action law suit@! They took me for 7600.00 plus my 3000.00 down pmy@#!@! OMG 1500.0 to go and they too, took my truck. Am now 11, 000.-00 in the hole with another one. These theives need stoppede. WhenI called to discuss anything with them they were to busy, plus I gad to fight to have a wrong entry of 7600.00 on my credit report@!@ It should have been 1500.00. They now OWE me from the ssle of my truck. I am getting my states Attorney General Invovled in all of this. Of course they came on a Sunday when I was unable to reach their office. And were so RUDE about everything after that. This after having send them 49 pmts. I had been a bit behind in the past and they never did anything like this@!@ Debby GreenMitchel
    Auburn, Indiana
    classicCcockatiels@gmail.com
    CONTACT ME ABOUT GOING FORWARD WITH THIS LAWSUIT

• Gc
      1st of Jun, 2010

I also would love to get in on a class action law suit.

I have been screwed by these people time and time again. we have been paying for 2 and a half years now so I called to see how much we have paid and they said it was only 3100. We did our math and we have paid 11100 total so far.
    After saying this they said hold, after holding for 15 minutes they hung up.
    Then I called back waited on hold another 15 minutes then got into an argument with them and asked for a manager and for 10 minutes refused, then I told them the call was being recorded and he said he was gonna transfer me, after waiting on hold another 10 minutes I hung up.
    my email is gclaussen@geolearning.com or gzusfreak782005@yahoo.com
    Please let me know if there is a law suit on this so I can be involved on the downfall of these lying [censor].

Gabe

• Pr
      17th of Dec, 2010

I am for class action suit against this company, due to predatory lending. contact me via email: orlandaz@yahoo.com...

• Di
      5th of Jun, 2011

please count me in on lawsuit against americredit. contact me via email: ddbentley43@aol.com