America's Servicing Company / Threat of foreclosure

This company had foreclosed on my house not even 60 days past due. When trying to make payment by phone or contact them, I could not. They foreclosed on my property requesting $7,000 to rectify. This payment was made on 11/28/06. In December, 2006 a letter was sent to me indicating that my payment due on 1/1/07 was past due by one payment. I had not received notice since my 11/28/06 payment when payments would begin let alone fall behind by one payment again. I am having problems with homeowner's insurance through them, as well as harassing calls. I have just now received a letter indicating they are going to proceed with foreclosure again. I wanted to refinance to lose them as the holder of my mortgage but am unable as now my credit is blemished.

Comments

• Ar
      5th of Feb, 2007

My husband and I are having the same problem with ASC. We have requested a print-out(several times) as to where are money has been going all of these months since they have bought our note. They refuse to send us a detailed report as to where our money is going. We have obtained a lawyer and ASC will not even respond to him! We want to leave this company but we are stuck with them. Our payment changes every month according to our monthly bills. I want to sue this company!

• Je
      23rd of Feb, 2007

This is the worst nightmare Ive ever had . Americas servicing company is a rip off!!! They lied to us about setting up a payment plan to catch up on 2 missed payments they were to send the paperwork right away! it took 2 weeks to get to me and after talking to loss mitigation now they say I'm too far behind they will not accept partial payments. I have no choice but to pay in full or...

• Cy
      27th of Feb, 2007

My husband & I are in the same boat as Jerilyn brewer we do not know what to do. Any suggestions. We can't get a new mortgage with the way things are now can we?

• Pe
      12th of Mar, 2007

I think we should be able to sue are mortgage company. I was talked into a mortgage that i can not afford.

• Su
      21st of Mar, 2007

What can be done about this? I need help or they will foreclose on me!!!

• Tr
      30th of May, 2007

My husband is in the same position. ASC is the worst company we have ever dealt with . My husband became ill in august 2006. I had to catch up on two payments because of his illness and they have made it almost impossible to do so. they set the repayment plan so high that we can barely afford to live. we are now in danger of losing our home. We are a family of 5 and soon we may not have a home. Thanks to ASC!!!

• De
      18th of Sep, 2007

I just went thru that. I was able to send in enough to catch up the payment, so they didn't foreclose. I hired a foreclusure specialist. And he told me that it takes a month or so after they tell you they are going to foreclose. Then they have to sell your home. You can stay in it. Then if they sell it, you can rent it. And if you don't pay, they have to file to get you out of it. It is much easier for the mortgage company to just let you keep it. So don't worry. Just get the money in. They really don't want your house.

• Le
      12th of Dec, 2007

Congress needs to investigate these bunch of crooks. they are the wrost company i have ever seen. if it was only one or two persons complaining it would be understandable but its almost everybody suffering stress and grief. Let us everyone write our congressman and request a formal investigation of the company.

• Dh
      4th of Aug, 2008

I guess my question is blunt and to the point, if you get to where you cannot make another payment, and have asked for modification, and they himha around and tell you, you will here from us in 45 to 90 days. How long before they foreclose on your home, and you are forced to leave.

4th of Oct, 2008

I checked into the post by Mr. Lewis. It seems there services would just put you further in debt, try $1000 for starters, and that not the only charge from what I understood. I think that would probably just be adding fuel to the fire. Contact HUD, they can probably give helpful advise or direct you to someone who can help for free.

2nd of Dec, 2008

I am sick at what people take advatage of hard working homeowners. not happy with a payment need to keep sucking blood from us thats ok because what comes around goes around i hope they all lose what they work so hard for real soon. people like me trying to make an honest agreement or come to terms so i dont loose my home.they dont want to hear it.little do they know the house has been for sale for three years nobody wants it so i think i should just walk out and let them have there cake and eat it to. ther e will be a day for all .