America's Servicing Company / Harassing phone calls

I currently have 28 mortgages and ONLY America's Servicing Co. (with which, unfortunately I have 8 loans with), repeatedly (10-12 times a week), places calls to my workplace or to my cell, to "remind" me that my payment hasn't yet reached them... Although I've never been behind by even 1 day over 30, they are so worried about me not paying them that each month if their payment doesn't reach them by the 5th, they start their HARASSMENT calls. All 20 other Lenders/Servicing Companies are fine. None call me. They told me its to assist me in keeping my account current... That's crap... It's my credit that will suffer if I'm more than 30 days late, not their's! They try to get you to do an Auto Withdraw from your bank account, but they aren't on the level, so I refuse to do that, as this group appears to be totally out of control!!

Comments

• Ta
      21st of Dec, 2006

I agree, they just assumed my mortgage from GMAC & I made payments to GMAC prior to 12/1/06. GMAC assured me via letter that any payments that I made during this transition would be applied as a payment with America's Servicing Company. However, since 12/15/06, I receive numerous calls at work and on my cell phone. I answered one of the calls & requested they don't call me at work & change the number & she said she can't do that. I need to find out where they are located & contact the better business bureau to report them.

• Kc
      23rd of Jan, 2007

I had the same problem with America's Servicing Company with numerous calls. I wrote a letter to them stating I did not want them to contact me by phone- at work, home, or on my cell phone. I sent the letter priority mail and received a letter stating that they will honor that request. I keep the letter on file in just in case that might try it again!

• Wu
      28th of Jan, 2007

I totally agree. I currently have 5 mortgages, ASC assumed 2 of my mortgages from WMC my payment was up to date during the transition and I have paper work to show but ASC is charging for late fees and my mortgage payments are always current but they insist also on calling me 5 to 8 times a day on all my phone numbers harassing me for payment even though I have 15 days grace period to pay. They always insist of getting a payment over the phone. This has come to a point now that I'm looking to refi my ASC mortgages with another company cos I cannot take the harassment any longer and Ive complained several times. May be I'll write a letter like my other friend did and see what happens.

• Mi
      23rd of Apr, 2007

My mortgage was sold to ASC in January 2007. Since then I receive voicemails requesting to call the ASC toll free number. After several minutes of wait-time and the company prompt telling me that "you have received this call because you are delinquent..." I will be connect to a rude, angry, ignorant representative for this ASC company. It is ONLY the second day of the month and they treat me as "delinquent!" There is a 15 day grace period for payments. The company's rude representative hung up on me after I asked her, "Have I have been late with a payment? Why do you request that I call your phone number that is in the delinquent collection part of your company?"

I am happy to read that I am not alone. This is a terrible way do business. Shame on you ASC!

• Er
      18th of May, 2007

First of all i am a collections rep for asc out bound collections... And first let me tell everyone do you know what asc is... Its a NON-PRIME Loan servicer for everyone who doesn't know what that means it services bad credit loans, wait let me rephrase that horrible credit loans, and it makes me laugh when i am talking to you and your there talking about how perfect your credit is and i see when i am calling you and i see your true double digit credit scores... Also your payments are due on the 1st not the 16th people who have bad credit seem to find this confusing thinking the 16th is your due date because thats when you get your late fee... Also have you ever wondered why you get stuff from wells fargo with your mort. payment stuff , because asc is affiliated with wells fargo but wells fargo just doesn't want to be labeled the company with all the bad credit loans... How does asc end up with your loans ... Companies suck as freemont, countrywide, emc... Ect companies originate loans the, prime loans (excellent credit) sub-prime (mediocre credit) and non-prime (bad credit)... The originating company keep your loan for 2 months if your lucky, then thats where the fun starts the prime loans get sold to a company the non prime loans get sold to a company and then asc get all the non-prime loans get sold to asc... So i hope all this info answers your questions to why you have this horrible company servicing your loan... All because you all have horrible credit no one to blame but yourself!!!

Oh yeah i know asc is a screwed up company but i also find it funny when i hear people talking about suing asc... And winning... Yeah right when you walk in the court room with your bootleg lawyer and then asc/wells fargo comes in with its all-star team of lawyers who get paid more in 1 day then your lawyer will make in a year... Do you really think your going to win your lawsuit?

• Fe
      13th of Jul, 2007

Report to the federal trade commission. I know it works. Let everyone call ftc or go to the ftc website.