America's Home Place / Nightmare!

America's Home Place went past promise date by 4 months, went way over budget, and is extremely slow taking care of warranty issues now that we are in their shoddily built home. This has been a nightmare!

Run away from this builder!

Br

Comments

• Mh
      7th of Sep, 2009

We had America's Home Place build our home back in 1999 in south Alabama. The construction was sub par ; they were really slow about tending to warranty issues - a few of which were NEVER resolved. Things such as warped walls, creaking floors, nails backing themselves out of the ceiling, a BADLY warped kitchen floor, crooked vinyl siding ... and more. I truly regret using this builder. Dealing with this company was the single biggest financial mistake I've ever made. I was out of thousands of dollars from the start. We were even ripped off during closing ; we were quoted one figure, and charged a much higher figure. So I'm basically living in a shoddily built overpriced home. Thought about trying to sell it, but I doubt if it would sell. STAY AWAY from this company.

• Lo
      25th of Jan, 2011

I live in Cairo Ga. America home places builded my house three years ago. the roof leak the first year. I see the out side from the inside.
    my bathroom is falling apart, The walls are uneven, the toilets seat are all poorly installed. the wood floors all make a noise when you walk on them, the room that had carpet on it is come up off the floor, I was promised land clearing, My house is the only house that was not cleared off water set every where when it rain. One good thing is I have a lot or outlets in the kitchen, but you can not use them all at once, because the breaker will trip. Everything materials wise used was the cheap of every thing. Oh ? The water meter was install ed poorly.I have had to repair it twice. The city said the pipes and wireing were installed wrong and poorly. I would go on, & on