American Swiss / disgusting service amanzimtoti galleria

1 Amanzimtoti Galleria, South Africa

I was given a pair of earnings as a Christmas gift which I can not wear. I had originally wanted a watch from sterns. Two days before Christmas I took the purchase back to the store to exchange it for something else. The indian lady, I presume was the manager refused to exchange it or refund the purchase. After explaining that I was not able to wear those type of earnings I was told to come back with a receipt, which I found was a bit embarrassing as I had to offend my aunt who had purchased it as a gift asking for the receipt of purchase. Your staff did not care. So after great difficulty and much embarrassment I returned today with the receipt and the jewellery purchased an was told to purchase something to the same value. (To be honest after the service I did not want to even shop in this store) so I asked for a plain watch that could possibly be suitable for someone else - I had already bought from another jewelry outlet. The assistant told me the watch is only 599 and since the purchase is 799 I MUST take a more expensive watch or something else as they can't refund me the balance. I have been to that store twice now I was told to come back to be refunded which never happened and now am sitting with a watch I will never wear and a R200 gift card which was the balance of purchase. Very disappointing. Will never go back . Your Indian manageress needs a lesson in customer service as she raised her voice and became irate.

Li