American Strategic Insurance / Bad choice for insurance

FL, United States Review updated:

I had coverage with ASI several years ago. I had a beautiful old live oak tree in my front yard. They told me I had to trim it back from the house or they would non-renew my insurance. I spent $1800 having the tree trimmed, and they non-renewed me anyway. This year I took out a policy with Ark Royal, a subsidiary of ASI (I was unaware of that). After 3 months they cancelled my policy because there was some paint peeling on my house. It is a block house, so water intrusion is not an issue. These people are not a good choice if you want a company you can stay with and rely on.

Comments

• La
      7th of Aug, 2014

yep what an experience they asked us if we had dogs we said yes and what kind (one is a pit bull) no problem then they sent someone who had no problem with dog. then they canceled us. complained to pa state and their response was "well some agents dont know everything they have a lot on their plate and thats that" why would you waste my time and money if you know company does not accept dogs or a specific dog breed? if their question is do you have dogs would that not be an alert? hello told you we have a dog why would you accept our policy? they just wanted money!