American Laser Centers / Dangerous, unprofessional, unethical!

I was suckered into a chin/upper lip contract at alc because i, like everyone else, was a "third place winner" in their online system that offers everyone $300 off a package. I was told I had nothing to lose since I could also stop treatment and get a refund. Plus, it's guaranteed to work.

Four treatments passed with a lot of pain and no results. I was told at every single one "don't worry, it takes at least one more treatment until you see results. "

At my fourth treatment, the hot pain shot through two of my teeth so badly that I involuntarily jumped up and screamed. The tech sort of apologized and kept going. Every time was increasingly more painful and I dreaded treatments.

Finally, after seven treatments with no results whatsoever, I called in a complaint. It took several months and two more complaints to receive a response.

The first thing the rep said when she called was that they'd be happy to send me to another clinic, and that I should get other areas done! I said no way, it's too painful and it didn't work. She said "we'll put you on the intensive program, it will surely work. " again I said no thank you. I felt misled and that the techs had been uncaring and rude.

Of course she said the original clinic manager had lied to me, and naturally she had long since quit the clinic, so there was no way to prove what she had told me about getting a refund.

I can no longer eat anything sweet or drink anything cold. I had to beg the dental hygenist halfway through my teeth cleaning to stop because the pain was so unbearable.

Alc said there's nothing they can do to help me because they've never heard of this happening before (Of course not!!). They wished me luck and said I should consider getting other areas done.

Please avoid them! It's been months since I haven't had pain in my teeth.

Jf

Comments

• Ni
      9th of Aug, 2007

If this is all true, I would bet 1-2 phone calls would line you up with 20+ trial attorney's ready to "defend your rights" / make a buck.

They'd probably do it on contingency too! Sorry to hear about your injury. Good luck.

18th of Sep, 2007

I've had hair removel done with this company and I am always treated good and they are very professional every time with my treatment!! And with other patients there when I have gone up there for my treatments. I'm almost hairless. My treatments are going alittle faster then my friends and family that are going there, and they are very happy with there treatments as well!!
    Like they said before, some areas take a little while then others . My under arms and lower legs are done and Bikini area are done too. I love there microderms that follows with there product facial treatment.
    I'm sorry to hear that some people are having a tough time with this experience.

• Be
      21st of Sep, 2007

This is in response to the person who had their upper lip hair lasered. I had my upper lip, my chin, my side burns and my under arms lasered and all it felt like was like , at times, a small needle with some slight heat. You must be an awfully delicate flower. To say you couldn't eat certain foods or taste them well i'm sorry but medically speaking I really don't believe that can happen. The pain was not that bad whatsoever. I had been waxing for years all those areas and more. The "pain" or rather discomfort I experienced above my lip was over in a matter of seconds. It was over quickly. One day I had all areas lasered all at once it took less than 30 minutes. The results are working on me. Being waxed in your bikini area and under arms is infinitly much more painful than being lasered!! and It doesn't last!! You sound like a Drama Queen ... The electrolosis process does hurt more also. I'm very feminine and don't like pain but for pete's sake it was only laser not neurosurgery.

Suck it up.

• Ta
      10th of Oct, 2007

I agree with you 100%. I have been a patient of this company for a year now and have seen little results. I had an appointment last evening and was burned severely. I have scars on my chin and underarms. I am no "delicate flower" as indicated by Bethany above. I do plan to take action!

Good Luck to you, J Frye as well as all the others victims out there!

• Re
      30th of Dec, 2007

I will forewarn all..as a ex employee..if you have WHITE hair,peach fuzz on lip,chin or sideburns..forget it..the lasers they use DO NOT work on those!!!!!! oh and grey hairs too!!

• Na
      8th of Jan, 2008

Stay away from American Laser. They are nice to you, until you buy their packages of treatments, after that they are a big zero in customer service including their 1877 number.

I was getting foto facials and they ruined my face! Be aware, that they do not care if your taking legal procedure against them.

Not only I bought $5000 worth of treatments (at this point I didn't know how bad they were) no one has called me back to fix the mistake the made and it's now been over 1 year and I'm still trying to get someone to fix this problem.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with a big white spot on my face, my dermatologist said they killed my pigmentation (the color of my skin) and the color will never come back.
    My face is ruined because of America laser.

Not only that, but the laser hair removal service promises you hair removal and I still have hair after 2 yrs and I'm not a hairy person!

I've been to 3 different clinics and one is worst than the other. Miami, New York, north California

Do not buy anything from American Laser Nationwide

• Al
      4th of Mar, 2008

Hello J Frye and Posters,

I represent American Laser Centers and we apologize for the delayed response to your request for assistance. American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue at (877) 252-2010. If you’d like us to contact you instead, please provide your contact information to my email below and we will contact you at a time and day of your convenience.

American Laser Centers’ customer service center will be happy to personally help you with your needs and will provide a swift response to your concern.

Allen