American Income Life Insurance / Bogus

1 Oak Brook, IL, United States Review updated:

After getting several phone calls from this particular number I finally decided to answer. And it was from a HR recruiter who had gotten my info from her Manager who had gotten my info from CareerBuilder. After talking to her over the phone for all of 3 minutes, some of the things she said just didn't seem right. So I decided to go online and google them. And WOW!

Out of all the sites that came up I couldn't find one with any positive feedback. It's crazy because everything the rep said to me I was reading online, as it had been stated to others. This company is really full of it and please don't get yourselves caught in their little scam. They tell you all these wonderful things and you believe them because you're either out of work or looking to improve your quality of life.

I just can't believe this. I know from now on I will do my investigating before going to another wasteless phone or personal interview. Thanks to all of you who took the time to post a complaint, it really helped me. And I hope I help the next person. Oh, by the way I canceled my interview immediately following my findings! BE CAREFUL!

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008

Hello All Troubled,
    I want to respond to all readers about American Income and Torchmark Companies. I am a former agent(considering returning) of this company. I cannot say that my experiance was grand however it was not all bad. Like you, i was very skeptical of the TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE antics. However, I got my license and started with them. The money is truely as promised. The training is paid for and phenominal. They do not have a system set for failure, it is set for success. The key is being a self starter and having an entreprenuial drive. You are in control of your paycheck and your destiny. The office that i worked for was not fitting to me for many reasons. However the regional office was a great environment. No, it does not take a degree to work there. But where else can you walk off the street and make on average $1000. per week pay. They show you how! The system works. I left for personal reasons and considering a return. But it is sales and if you do not have a sales mind it is not for you. Mostly everyone in the company is below 40 so it is a pretty young environment. Like Mary Kay, Monavie, or any other multi level marketing company ... its there for you to take advantage of ... how bad do you want it. If you want a career, it may not be for you...but if you want to make a lot of money... great opportunity. There are negative things out there about all companies if you look long enough. No one is america is 100% happy with anything. So don't knock it before you try it!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

• Je
      20th of Sep, 2008

I have also received several emails from this company after posting my resume online. I have never clicked on a link to be removed from their mailing list.

Today, I received an email from them congratulating me on completing my training!!! I have NEVER done any training from this company. What gives? Do they really think that this new tactic will make me want to bite on their bogus scam? I'm afraid to click on their link to be removed from their mailing list. It may contain a virus! Has anyone sucessfully gotten themselves removed from this BS phishing email campaign?

• Un
      21st of Sep, 2009

Recently I tried to claim on my insurance policy with AIL and had some problems, I was going to cancel my policy after finding some unethical loopholes but it seemed every staff member I talked to was willing to say whatever I wanted to hear so I didn't cancel the policy.

I had called around to ensure my claim was valid and of all the numbers I tried from canada and the US and all the people I talked to from varying levels of management I was told I *should* be able to claim no problem.

Some even offered personal stories from others who had claimed for the same thing.

However, after doing all the running around (getting forms to doctors etc.) I was told my claim was not valid and that everyone I talked to should have told me so. Silly me for believing the lies - I hope this warning can help others not to make my same mistake!!

• Un
      16th of Mar, 2015

I have never received a policy, after all the hoopla they put me to to sign up. Now I am trying to cancel and all I get is the run around.
    I was given the wrong policy number over the phone so I cannot go online to cancel. So un-happy Just have to close my account
    then I guess they will respond or cancel.

• Ga
      21st of Jun, 2015

I had 2 policies with AIL. I paid on them for over 2 years through automatic payment with my bank account. I had some IRS problems, so the IRS garnished my entire bank account in December. I was out of work at the time, so I tried to call AIL repeatedly so my account would not be overdrawn & I would not get overdraft charges. All I got was voicemail until the evening my premium was due. By that time, they had already tried to collect, causing me 2 $35.00 overdraft charges. I told them I wanted to cancel my policies. I kept receiving invoices. The money I had coming back to me from the policies, they kept, saying that was used to pay my premiums when the bank would not. It is now June, & I just received another premium notice. This company will hound you to get your business. But you can never reach anyone when you need them.