American Honda Motor / Scam charges

1 1919 Torrance BoulevardTorrance, CA, United States

Three weeks ago I noticed a puddle of blue fluid on my garage floor under my 2007 Honda CRV and determined it to be windsheild washer fluid. The reservoir is located behind the front fender and I could see it.

Since I had a $400 dollar 45000 mile service one week prior I called the dealer (Ray Price Honda, east Stroudsburg, Pa) that performed the service and every service since I purchased the auto from them. I also purchased the Honda Care warranty. They instructed me to bring the car in and upon doing so, they told me that the reservoir was broken due to freezing.

I have been driving for 25 years many different automobiles and never have I heard of this happening before, even when I lived in northern Michigan. I have never put any fluid in because I take the car in for scheduled services and they take care of it.

They said it would cost $135 to replace it. I told them to do so and I wrote a letter to Honda corp, customer service, explaining everything. They assigned a case worker and after talking to the service people at Ray Price determined that it was not a manufacturing defect.

In other words, I must have put plain water in the reservoir in the middle of winter. I must have been off my meds the day I did that.

What a waste of money..Honda Care Warranty.

I am not sure who the bad guys are here, you decide. Honda inc, Ray Price, me.

Lu