American Home Shield / awful company
American Home Shield is a disgraceful company. My microwave/hood broke and I waited 3 weeks, having to make numerous calls to even get someone out to look at the thing. The technician said that it looked like there may have been a power surge, he wasn't sure but could be, maybe. He also said that since it was from 1991 it is a wonder it was still working at all, so could have also just broke due to age, not power surge. I paid him the $60 "service" fee. I then get a call the next day denying my claim because they did not cover power surges. I said I wanted to dispute the denial of the claim and the "customer service" woman on the line said that is fine, they could send someone back out, but if they found the same thing I would have to pay ANOTHER $60 service fee! I then asked to speak to a manager and the "Manager" gave no better service and said the same. I said you mean to tell me I have paid $40+ dollars every month for the last 4-5 years, a $60 service fee, I had to make numerous calls just to get someone out, the tech could not even say for sure that the reason it broke was due to a power surge but you are going to deny the claim? Yeah that is what she was saying, so now I am looking for a new home warranty company until I can get more money into savings and fire them all.
More American Home Shield Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Shield - the truth about ahs 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield - rip off 
- American Home Shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - fridge and washer broke.
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - furnace
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - unethical and unavailable; bait and switch
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - services/refund
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - shieldessential