American Eagle / worst customer service

I just want to let as many people know as possible. This credit card company is horrible. I work for a bank, have great credit and never hold a balance. The whole point to receiving this card was to earn gift cards at American Eagle. I have earned a total of $70 in gift cards which means I had to charge $7, 000 to this card. I have been waiting for these gift cards since February 2009 and it is the end of June 2009 and I have only received $20 worth. I have spoken to people over 12 times regarding this including 3 managers. I have heard so many stories and explanations I don't know what to believe now. Not only have they opened two case files investigating this and it still can't be resolved but they gave me a $20 credit to my account for all my trouble and then took it away! I was told that the credit was immediate and I could write my check for my balance minus $20. Thank god I decided to pay online instead because yes they credited me but then 4 days later they charged it back!! I would have been charged interest on that money if I had just written a check for my balance minus $20. When I called to discuss this matter I was told that it was a mistake and there was miscommunication. This is ridiculous. No matter how good the gift cards are I urge everyone, DON'T GET THIS CARD!

Th

Comments

• Mc
      Aug 05, 2009

Wow, some hassle you went through and still not resolved. Every company has a research department the public does not know about to determine problems and resolve them within a certain amount of time. I would try to figure out how to get a hold of them. Also, every company is spread all over and all the next person knows is what the prior rep notated on your account. No one knows what is going on. You just have to keep requesting someone higher up. And be sure they are able to authorize a credit for the requested amount to resolve the issue. Alot of times, entry phone reps may only be able to give out a 20-30 dollar courtesy credit (which they do not tell you that this is a one time credit on your account and you cannot get another one). Sometimes, you just have to keep fighting. Its sad, just be nice to the reps you talk to and keep requesting someone higher up. The majority of the time, you just need to find out who the regional director for the department is, they will right away solve the issue. The CEO etc really does not do crap but manage on a global scale.