American Automobile Association / AAA.com / roadside assistance tow truck driver towed fw drive from the rear
On June 30 Heavy Duty Towing and Recovery was called out by AAA to tow Classic 1976 GMC motorhome. 3 1/2 hrs later he called and said that he was 15-20 min out and to take an uber and he would tow the RV within the hour. We were told by AAA that a flatbed was coming out. When the RV arrived 11 hours later, the tow was pulling the front wheel drive from the rear. He refused to move it into the driveway. Police came out and he was allowed to dump it in the street (no parking side). He told the police that he had to stop on the road, because the brakes were on fire. It took him 11 hours to tow it 48 miles. He told the police that the RV wouldn't start, then recanted and said that the RV was running the flashers.
We were able to change out the battery and drove it 50' into a driveway, where it sat until yesterday when it was towed to a transmission place. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you don't tow a 5 ton GMC motorhome front wheel drive (in park) from the rear. Bumper is bent, plumbing sheared off, front tires scorched and front wheel brakes??? Estimate to fix the transmission alone is $2800. Picture of RV on the flatbed going to transmission shop. Second picture taken a day before towed.
Updated by C Shoff, Jul 28, 2017
AAA is a regional company. My AAA is in Texas. My GMC broke down in Illinois. Texas has a great AAA club and any momentum that I have had is a result of Randall Peoples and Michelle Murillo, Texas AAA Member services. They have followed up with their management and have communicated back to me. Don't tar all of AAA with the same brush, because not all AAA clubs are like this.
I just want to get home. I have been stranded today marks a month. Heavy Duty Towing towed my GMC motorhome from the rear. He damaged my GMC. AAA is the conduit to getting it fixed. I pray that they do so and thank you all for your support.
More American Automobile Association / AAA.com Complaints & Reviews
- AAA.com - will not transport your pet with you 
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - auto insurance aaa drive app discount 
- AAA.com - insurance claims
- AAA.com - poor customer service 
- AAA.com - will not cancel membership 
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - home and auto insurance
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - towing of my motorcycle from my home to thunder tower west harley davidson dealership
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - unethical behavior battery warranty not honored
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - all-wayz towing and transport sagamore beach, ma 02562
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - aaa customer service