American Airlines — lack of legroom, seating options
I sent an email to American Airlines on its web site complaining about a lack of legroom in coach and asking why I couldn't pay for more leg room without paying an exorbitant fee for first class. This is the answer I received:
I am sorry you were uncomfortable when you traveled with us. Clearly most of the time customers are on board our aircraft is spent sitting, so we know how important this area is to the overall enjoyment of your flight. Our aircraft seats have been designed to be as comfortable as possible, are standard in size and pitch and comparable to most of our competitors.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Sparks, NV
Please know that we are all working hard to provide the highest quality service in the industry and are looking forward to demonstrating this commitment to you firsthand. Please travel with us again soon. It is always a pleasure to welcome you aboard.
Ms. L. Milam
For security purposes and to protect privacy, our process does not allow for replies to this message.
Isn't that swell? As you can see I received pablum boilerplate from a faceless Ms. L. Milam that completely failed to address my two complaints/questions. I did go back to AA's tiresome contact page and filled out a lot of extraneous info to restate my complaint. I'll just bet I receive a deep apology from AA's current CEO and around-the-world tickets for two to be used anytime in the next 10 years, but I won't wait up nights for them.
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - refund/cancellation scam 
- American Airlines - stolen items
- American Airlines - very unprofessional!!! 
- American Airlines - entire flight
- American Airlines - no respect for its customers 
- American Airlines - overbilling