American Airlineslack of legroom, seating options

I sent an email to American Airlines on its web site complaining about a lack of legroom in coach and asking why I couldn't pay for more leg room without paying an exorbitant fee for first class. This is the answer I received:
I am sorry you were uncomfortable when you traveled with us. Clearly most of the time customers are on board our aircraft is spent sitting, so we know how important this area is to the overall enjoyment of your flight. Our aircraft seats have been designed to be as comfortable as possible, are standard in size and pitch and comparable to most of our competitors.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Sparks, NV

Please know that we are all working hard to provide the highest quality service in the industry and are looking forward to demonstrating this commitment to you firsthand. Please travel with us again soon. It is always a pleasure to welcome you aboard.

Sincerely,

Ms. L. Milam
Customer Relations
American Airlines

For security purposes and to protect privacy, our process does not allow for replies to this message.

Isn't that swell? As you can see I received pablum boilerplate from a faceless Ms. L. Milam that completely failed to address my two complaints/questions. I did go back to AA's tiresome contact page and filled out a lot of extraneous info to restate my complaint. I'll just bet I receive a deep apology from AA's current CEO and around-the-world tickets for two to be used anytime in the next 10 years, but I won't wait up nights for them.

Aw

Comments

• Ol
      Jul 20, 2008

This company sucks! We'll never fly with them again!

• 13
      Jul 09, 2011
    Best Best Advice

Basically, I'm ignoring your complaint. You sound a little whiny is all. You have the gall to write an email and then call the person who responds "faceless". Well duh, it's an email. Did you want them to send a picture along with the email? You say she failed to address your complaint, but that's not true.

Flying isn't comfortable unless you pay for first class. That's the way it is with all airlines, not just AA. If they remove seats to allow for more legroom, they have to increase ticket prices to compensate. That may be fine for you, but more passengers would complain about that.

People like you who find the smallest things to complain about and then blow them way out of proportion drive me crazy.

• Ju
      Jul 09, 2011

"I received pabulum boilerplate from a faceless Ms. L. Milam that completely failed to address my two complaints/questions." Please don't be offended by my pointing out to you aWriter, that you have just entered the next step of boilerplate to be served up to you indirectly through the use of these sometimes foul mouthed, sometimes soft spoken, public relations agents. Are you impressed with your overall experience with these replies from faceless people here? Did many address your complaint directly? Are you fed up with the entire complaint process? If yes, their work is done here, and they can spend more of their time "handling" others that dare to ask questions of, or to complain to one of their valued clients. I am also sorry, that all I had to offer was more questions. Maybe more of this pack of jackals will respond to my comment with some concrete suggestions, who knows?

Jul 11, 2011

She swallows it, Bob. Remember these trailer trash are living in poverty and cum is a good source of protein. She doesn't have to eat meat. When her husband catches a rat and kills it, they save the meat for himself and the children.

Jul 12, 2011

Hey Bob, do you suppose Ramasshole got the dick rammed up her ### yet. I hope so because she sounded as though she needs an ###-### real bad.

Jul 21, 2011

Tell us more ILC. You need to talk about it. I only heard what goes on in trailer parks and your kind of communities. But you need to talk, girl. I'm here for you.

• Wh
      Aug 01, 2011

WTF? Don't u people have anything better to do? Join a club, take a walk around the block, masturbate!

• Ga
      Aug 04, 2011

LOL what is up with these comments!

Aug 22, 2011

Chrismur,

DO not take anything personally. Ramelle and her friends have been trolling these board, picking fights and bullying people for quite awhile. Unfortunately, all of their inflammatory comments have been deleted, either by the board administrators or on their own as an attempt to cover their tracks.

You do not owe (her/him) an apology in any way whatosever. NOTE: some of their friends are still trolling the boards. BE careful.

Aug 22, 2011

Ramelle,

Nope, I made it clear that I was not threatening anyone, other than to post who you are (the fear of all bullies). Isn't it funny how brave bullies are until they find someone who will hit back? Looks like the admins of the web site see things the same way I do . This site is for people who want to post legitimate complaints.

I'm not the only one who has had problems with you and others like. You can't only go around pissing off so many people before it comes back to you.

How sad to be you. Truly. You ridicule other people to make yourselves feel better. Sad human beings all the way through to your core.

• Ha
      Jan 30, 2013

I did not order Glamour magazine subscription by redeeming my airmiles.