Allstate Auto Insurance / you will not be in good hands, trust me!

I will never have Allstate Insurance again because of the way they treated me when I was involved in an auto accident. In Nashville, Tennessee I was stopped at an intersection with no traffic light, waiting to turn left onto a four-lane road in front of my sons’ high school. I did not see anything coming anywhere close, so I pulled out into the intersection. A car sped into the left lane of the 4-lane road, from around a slower car in the right lane, at least 40-45 MPH toward me. I was nearly in the middle of the intersection at that time. It hit my car in the driver’s side, then hit two other cars that were on the 4-lane road sitting in the left-turning lane waiting to turn onto the street I was on. I had my seat belt on but suffered neck and knee injuries, as well as a herniated disc in my lower back that was pushed forward into my bladder. I already had osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia Syndrome (also known as CFIDS or FMS), a chronic incurable condition which causes extreme fatigue, sleep disturbances, and severe pain. I’d just recently started on a job and had very few sick days earned, so I had to work a full-time job in this horribly painful condition. The orthopedist said he could not help my back condition, so I spent months going to a chiropractor who finally corrected the back and neck injuries. Allstate said that the driver of the car that hit me was suing ME and Allstate was on THEIR side!! I could not believe it, having worked myself in the insurance industry for over 20 years at that time. When I got my attorney involved, the driver that hit me dropped the suit against me quickly, because local law states that the first car in an intersection (in this case, that was me) always has the right-of-way. They should have yielded to me, yet there were no skid marks on the road to indicate they had slowed down at all to avoid the accident, blatantly speeding right in front of a school where they could have hit kids crossing the road to go to school. Yet Allstate still maintained that the accident was my fault, and kept an at-fault accident on my MVR for 5 years!

Allstate Insurance Company Logo Allstate Insurance Company