Alliance Home Warranty / Slow Response and terrible follow-up

Alliance Home Warranty
Van Nuys
When I called Alliance to have our furnace repaired, they sent the request over to a contractor that took over three days to contact us. Each day we waited with no response, Alliance assured me that we would be contacted and that they would not contact a different contractor. Once the contractor did show up, they were clearly incompetent. Only at that point would Alliance assign it to another contractor who was able to fix the problem, but before we had been without a furnace in the winter time for just over three days. As I enquired more into their practices, Alliance says they have 48 hours to respond to any claim unless it is shown as being serious, in which case they have 8 hours to respond. That does not mean that they will have a contractor on-site within that timeframe, it means that they just need to "respond" to your request during that time. They also use local temperatures to determine if it is considered serious or not. Since our temperatures were in the 40's and 30's over night, they did not classify it as being serious. Bottom line is to be careful in reviewing the contract and understanding how long a home warranty company has to respond.