Yardworks Complaints & Reviews

Jun 07, 2021

Yardworks — Customer service

I have a Yardworks self-propelled lawnmower. Last fall I hit a rock and bent the blade. On the Monday before...

YardworksLawn trimmer [protected]

It seems to have come without a manual. I went on line to get a manual and
1 It listed manuals for a number of models, but none for 060-2366, so I ordered the manual for 060-2359, hoping it would be close enough.
2 In order to download the manual, I would have to order Win-Zip for my computer for nearly $60.00 (probably US funds)

It would be quite impossible for me to operate this machine without a manual. I don't know how to plug it in so that it stays plugged in when I pull on the cable. I don't know how to get more string when the string wears down.

May 27, 2020

Yardworks — Replacement batteries

I bought a new battery two years ago add Its already hooped. I can not find a replacement anywhere. Its 24...

Yardworksreplacing a lawnmower battery

I purchased a battery operated lawnmower on Feb 03/2013. I have since needed 2 batteries and was lucky to get a replacement for the first malfunctioned battery and I had to pay paid for the 2nd battery.
    My next complaint is my neighbor bought the same model 2014. I called 4 times for our elderly neighbor last year 2017 and was told the battery was on back order all summer season. I had to cut her lawn all summer. Just called today June 1 2018 and apparently their is now no replacement or compatible battery. Neighbor is stuck with her lawnmower and with no battery. Hoping Yardworks will understand and provide some compensation for both of us. Love Canadian Tire otherwise.

Battery Product Code [protected] Serial number CTS 0611176

Yardworksseveral products

1. Lawn mower purchased in 2005 Canadian tire Fredericton north--used one summer next summer motor seized could not be turned over --No warranty at CTC
      2. yardworks - battery operates tools grass trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower pkg junk never could keep charge --c*** again no warranty from CTC
      3. Splitting maul 6lb head came off and totally blew up c*** no warranty CTC

Please Do Not Buy any thing Yardworks especially at Canadian Tire

• Wa
          warburton electric Jul 11, 2011

purchased hose reel cart on saturday assembled with 125ft hose every time it is used it blows off the quick connect on the reel, please advise how to fix

Yardworkswill not rotate-just stays in one place

Purchased a "yardworks" sprinkler last year last year from Canadian Tire"--last fall it would not rotate just sprinkles water on one side--this is remote operated-- worked for 2 months last year now I have a problem - spent quite a bit of money on this product-Can I return it for a refund or get another one

YardworksThis was the last Yardworks product I have purchased

01 Dec I bought a Yardworks Electric Snow Thrower at the local Canadian Tire Store in Moose Jaw. It is the 9A version, item number [protected]. After using it three times the plastic impeller broke as well as one of the guide vanes. The temperature that morning was minus 28 Celsius. Figuring that maybe this product was not build for those temperatures I attempted to return the snow thrower to Canadian Tire 21 Dec. I was informed that a return could just be accepted within the first 7 days, every follow on issue would need to be addressed through Yardworks. Multiple emails to Canadian Tire were answered but stated the same policy. No attempt was made to address the issue of a low quality product breaking at extreme temperatures. While calling Yardworks I was informed that the impeller is not covered under the two year warranty since it is considered to be a “normal wear part”. They also charge for shipping the item. That pretty much topped it. With this kind of company policy I am stuck with a marginal useful snow thrower with a useless two year warranty that I can not return to Canadian Tire. Also Yardworks does not seem to have a company address, phone number, or email address. As explained to Canadian Tire. This was the last Yardworks product I have purchased.

YardworksDangerous electrocution hazard

After 3 short uses, my Yardworks [protected] Electric tiller/Cultivator began emitting noises consistent with high voltage electrical arc faults, and the odor of burning wiring. The unit would trip breakers in the house electrical panel. Upon disassembly, it was found that the stationary coils in the electric motor had come in contact with the cooling fan blades, wearing through the copper windings and shorting out the motor unit. The major hazard is that the fan blades are connected metallically to the tillers blades through the transmission, which appears to energize the metal parts of the unit. When used in moist soil. this can create possible electrocution hazards if not using a GFI protected outlet.

• Mo
                moontune Aug 01, 2013

If it was a car there would be a recall

YardworksSAFETY FACTOR

I bought the yardworks lithium grass trimmer, on june 2, 2010; july 5, the guard broke off, which is a safety factor, as its plastic, is this a failure with the unit or just a faulty piece. For a $169., thats a lot of hard earned money for a product to breakdown so quickly; this unit should be replaced and not just repaired. I've heard from other people that yardworks are inferior products in comparison to other sources. That troubles me, especially when it comes to safety. This unit was left at ctc-store for repair.

Yardworksintentional fault

My yardworks electric chainsaw screwed up after minimal use. The motor was working well, but wouldn't drive the chain. I dismantled it and discovered that one gear drive was made of plastic! Obviously intentional to force the customer to but a new saw. If the gear was steel, it probably would have lasted a long time.,,,,,,

Yardworksbattery and service

Wow. I've never dealt with a "legitimate " company with such an attitude. I bought a Yardworks 20" mower [protected]) from Canadian Tire in the fall of 07. Worked fine for a year. First use in the spring of 09 reulted in a dead battery. I called [protected] as instructed on the mower only to be put on hold with a company called "Sunrise" for 25 minutes. After this, an operator picked up the phone and immediately disconnected me. Tried again, sat on hold for 15 mins and SAME THING!. Tried a third time, sat on hold for 20 mins. Operator picked up, I asked about warranty on battery (12 months) When I told her that Iwas disappointed with such a short battery life and REALLY didn't want to spend $100.00 + every year or eighteen months she told me it "wasn't her problem"..."WASN'T HER PROBLEM!!!" Rather stunned I said, "that's a great attitude" (yes it was sarcastic) she then HUNG UP ON ME!!!
                  Never, EVER buy a "Yardworks" product. Learn from my mistake.
                  Before purchasing anything, make sure "Sunrise" isn't the warranty company involved. I'm actually at the point where I'm not willing to buy ANYTHING from Canadian Tire or Rona as they both deal with "Sunrise"

Anne58 Jul 01, 2016

Yeah I agree, C/T is a scam waiting to happen. I will not purchase many things there if I can hellp it. It doesn't always matter if you have the receipt either. I bought a two way attachment for the outside tap so I was able to hook up two hoses. Although I have used band new rubber seals in the connecters it still leaks like a sieve at the attachment to the tap. It seems to be coming from where the attachment is connected to the unit. This entire unit seems to be made from cast aluminum. It has no cracks and is removed from the tap long before freezing temperatures arrive. I'm going to try to include some images.

• M2
                      M2Wpg Aug 03, 2015

Bought 2 yardworks multi-nozzles and both broke within 1 month.

The plastic in the trigger snapped.

Garbage.

No warranty, no contact, nothing

• Fa
                      fafw34 May 22, 2013

Although I'm lucky enough to ever have to deal with warranty with canadiantire, almost everytime I shop there I can see the customer service desk arguing about their 'policies' with customers.

That's why I always price match and sometimes spend a bit more, at Home Depot. Their service is great! Rarely any questions asked during returns/exchange

• Ca
                      calude Jun 22, 2011

I am having the exact same problem. Never seen such a poor service. Never Yardworks again. I guess these comnpanie have never heard about social rage and the power of social networks to publicize such bad service and attitudes.