All My Sons Moving / moving

1 Richmond, VA, United States

Thursday, july 21, 2016

My mother retained the all my sons out of richmond, va to move her three bedroom apartment to a similar apartment 30 minutes' drive away in fishersville, va. She was assured that, with a team of four men, they could pack her, load the truck, drive the distance, unload the truck, unpack the contents of the boxes and help her setup house, and leave with the broken-down boxes and packing materials in one day for $1600. The con-artist who talked to her on the telephone assured her, in response to her doubts that all of the above could be accomplished in one day, that she was hiring a professional team: all she had to do was lable each room "bedroom 1," "bedroom 2" and put signs up in the corresponding rooms in the new, empty apartment, and they would take care of the rest. Like idiots, we took them at their word. They were crooks and criminals. They arrived late in the day (2 pm), were surly, slow, and rude — one was so anti-social she was actually afraid of him. They packed the boxes poorly and slowly, running the clock. They mislabeled the boxes, and kept asking my mother where they should go in the new place, even though she had hung up corresponding signs as they directed her to do. She ended up having to pack alongside them just to hurry them along. They didn't leave the apartment until late at night, and then extorted a second payment — another $1600 — before they would unload the truck on the other end. They didn't finish moving her until 1 a. M., making noise the entire time. They dumped furniture in the wrong rooms, barely setting up the beds and not even bothering to push furnishings or boxes up against the walls. They didn't unpack a thing or take any boxes/trash out with them. I saw the mess they left, and we will have to hire movers just to correctly move the heavy furniture in the new place, as my 76 year old mother and myself cannot move these heavy items ourselves. It will take us weeks just to locate our goods in their mislabeled boxes. I have never been so angry or felt so victimized, cheated, and robbed. They may as well have held my mother up to gunpoint.

Hx