Aldo / horrible customer service

1 Aldo Accessories, Pacific Center Mall-Vancouver,BCVancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1 604 646-4896

From my experience more often than not Aldo/Aldo Accessories has horrible customer service. Earlier today I was at an Aldo Accessories and after about a minute I started to feel as though I was being watched. One of the young female employees was eyeing me and following me around the entire time as if she thought I was going to steal something. I was holding a pair of earrings in my hand while I continued to browse and the employee strutted over and in a very condescending way asked if she could hold the earrings at the counter until I was ready to pay. I felt it was extremely rude and pretty obvious she was implying that she thought I might steal something. However I did want the earrings so I just told her I was going to pay now and leave. When I handed her a ten dollar bill for the eight dollar earrings she held it up to the light to make sure it wasn't counterfeit... I was shocked! I wonder does she check five dollar bills as well? I felt completely insulted and I am absolutely livid. I understand that part of one's job while working retail is to do what you can to prevent shop lifting but this was uncalled for and just plain rude and obnoxious. Is it because I am a young girl in my twenties? Is it because I was wearing a baseball hat? I wasn't aware those were reasons for being treated like a potential criminal. I mean really, is that standard practice at Aldo to make their customers feel so uncomfortable and insulted? Do they teach all their employees to check every bill even a TEN DOLLAR BILL to make sure it is legit? I can understand a fifty or perhaps even a twenty if the person seems sketchy but this was ridiculous. I’ve never seen anything like it before- and I shop... ALOT. The last time I went shopping in that same Aldo Accessories I must have bought about fifteen things and spent over two hundred dollars. I don’t look like someone who is going to shoplift by any means. Honestly I consider myself a pretty ideal customer, I enjoy shopping and spending my money in their stores and on top of that I am always very polite to staff! I honestly do not understand why I was treated that way. Needless to say I won’t be visiting that Aldo Accessories location again and after reading other complaints with Aldo’s extremely poor customer service I'm not so sure I want to shop in any other Aldo store either.

Aldo

Je

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I was offered a £20 gift voucher when both heels fell of the boots I purchased! I'd only had them 10 days! Terrible customer service, it's a joke!