Alamo Car Rental - St. Louis, MO / I am being threaten to be turned into a collection agency
In October of 2006, I rented a car from Alamo in St. Louis for a short vacation I was taking with my 3 year old daughter. While on the vacation, we returned to our car after exploring the art museum.
On the windshield of the rental car was a "parking violation" for expired registration/plates. I contacted the Alamo roadside assistance. They instructed me to return the car to the rental location to exchange it for another car. They gave me two days free and told me that the ticket would be taken care of by them. Last Monday January 8, I received a letter from the Alamo Citation Department this letter stated that they had been contacted by the local government regarding a parking, violation that occurred during the course of my rental. They were required to disclose my name and contact information to the government entity. And to defray costs, they issued a charge to my credit card for payment of the administrative fee. I contacted the Alamo Company three times on of these times I talked to the assistant of the EVP. This lady took my information and said that shw would take care of the problem and call me back. That was on Tuesday 9. today is Sat. 13, I received a parking violation from the city of St. Louis for the amount of $100.00. this violation also states that it is the final warning prior to forwarding to a collection agency.
I am so furious, a day of my vacation was wasted dealing with this, $15.00 was stolen from me, I now have a parking violation on my police record, I have a $100.00 parking violation to pay, and I am being threaten to be turned into a collection agency.
More Alamo Car Rental - St. Louis, MO Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - car rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - unfair/unreasonable customer service
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - unethical behavior
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - enterprise, national complaining
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car rental