Airtel - Mumbai / migrating from prepaid to postpaid plan: glitches

1 India Review updated:

We (my friend and me) got calls from one Himanshu Rana from Unique Marketing services ( Shop No.9, Rajnath Apartments, Near Shri Ram Mandir, 90 Feet Road, Bhayander East, Mumbai) to convert our prepaid plan to "VERTICAL 99"- a postpaid one. As the scheme was looking attractive, we purchased SIM (Worth Rs. 599/- each).

We filled up the forms and gave all the necessary documents asked by him om 02.02.07. He told that by Monday (05.02.07), we will get verification calls and after that our new SIM cards will get activated.

But, till date no verification call has come. When my friend and me contacted on the no. [protected] given by him, we got repeated reply that Himanshu is not available on the no. And when I told that I am registering a complaint on Airtel website, he said me that it will be of no avail, as he himself looks after these complaints.

Everyone, beware!

Comments

• Ni
      27th of Feb, 2008

I have purchsed a postpaid card ie 199 rental the executive come to my house in last 2 week before . As the scheme was looking attractive, we purchased SIM (Worth Rs.99/- each).

We filled up the forms and gave all the necessary documents asked by him om 09.02.08. He told that by Tuesday (12.02.08), we will get verification calls and after that your new SIM cards will get activated.

But, till date no verification call has come. When my friend and me contacted on the no. 9987275464 (Executive no Nilesh Avhad) given by him, we got repeated reply that Nilesh Avhad(Executive Name) the no is temporary out of service msg. And when I enquired to Airtel gallery they are told me this no is no registred. The executive (Nilesh Avhad) given me a postpaid no 9987575824 but till date its not activated i enquired to airtell gallery but the executive people not coopearting with me .
    SIM NO 8991923000086984156
    DUAL IMSI 404929308698415
    Mobile no(Given by nilesh avhad) 9987575824
    Packing Date 12/01/2008
    Packed By Bharti Airtel Limited
    i have registred this card to Mr. Nilesh Bhirud (Ghatkopar)
    I have given this him 99rs cheque he told me that this card is a 2% cota of a goverment employee.
    Kindly inform me wht to do and whn my no is activated.
    In case my cheque is clear so wht can i do....
    Please inform me as early as possible.
    The plan of this scheme is
    199 rental
    199 rs call free
    airtel to airtel local -30ps
    airtel to other local -50ps
    airtel to landline local -1rs
    sms 100 free
    after 50ps per sms .

So please inform me regarding this plan n above mention airtel sim no in details & also inform me when this card will be activated.
    Waiting for reply

• Di
      17th of Jul, 2008

My Mobile No. was 9892507896, still my reposit is not returned to me.

Regards,

Dinesh.

• Di
      17th of Jul, 2008

My Mobile No. was 9892507896, still my Deposit is not returned to me.