Airtel Mobile Connection / vas download charges despite reporting to customer care

India Review updated:
4.5
I find that Airtel is deducting Rs.14.99 intermittantly for VAS download. I have no interest in changing ring tones and I don't use their services. I reported to customer care and also sent deactivating message over the number given. But the charge continues.
Mobile No.[protected]

H.R.Pandit
Pune
Sh
  14th of Nov, 2007
I also find regularly that Airtel is deducting Rs.14.99 intermittently for VAS download. I have no interest in changing ring tones and I don't use their services. I reported to customer care and also sent deactivating message over the number given. But the charge continues.
Ar
  24th of Jul, 2008
Please Advise when the operations are starts in Sri Lanka.
Ke
  3rd of Aug, 2008
hi..
I also found the same...
Airtel cuts Rs. from the balance without any intemation, and the person didnt apply for that service.

what to do?
Am
  24th of Sep, 2008
Airtel is deducting for VAS download out of my balance. I am doing anything ring tones and I don't use their services. I reported to customer care and but they do not reply me. the charge continues
Ro
  20th of Jun, 2009
Hi, I also am finding this really funny and annoying!!!
This is too much without even our knowledge...

If Airtel does not do something, I am going to complain in the consumer court.

They cannot take advantage of our hard earned money.
Sn
  15th of Sep, 2009
hi..
At present I am in aborad n I also found the same...
Airtel cuts Rs. 99.00 one time from the balance without any intemation, and the person didnt apply for that service. I hv tried to call center they are not doing anything i m fully fdup what VAS download system simply Airtel cheating to subscriber

what to do?
+91 900 4063175
Re
  11th of May, 2010
I just received a message saying "your account has been debited 25.00 INR for your last VAS download" I dont know what VAS stands for and what sort of service it is. I have just recharged my mother in laws mobile while overseas; and wanted to have some talktime available while she is in transit. Funny. I dislike Airtel for this. Hope they have a better explanation of what this is and why are they ripping off the customers while in roaming. This doesn't help.
Re
  11th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ma
  5th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I received a massage saying "your account debited 10.00 INR for your last downlod. I didn't downlonlod anything.so why they charge me.I want to cancel my account.So please tell me how can I cancel my account.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel