Airtel India / cellphone connection resubmission of proof documents

1 India Review updated:

Airtel is asking all customers to resubmit the address proof documents. They are saying this is due to TRAI guidelines. I have submitted the documents when I took the connection. Now they called up and confirmed the address proof. After this all of sudden, I get an SMS saying, I need to resubmit the documents in 76 hours and the confirmed address and the address in their records do not match. I don't understand this. I have not moved nor did I change my address!! I think they are just passing their inefficiency to the customer and asking them to unnecessarily submit-resubmit-resubmit cycle. What is the guarantee that they have it right. If they want to confirm the address, they need to use different methods of confirming the address. I could again give them a junk address, if I was really needed to play mischief.

Also, in the SMS, there is no direction how to submit, where to submit. This is all utter inefficient way of doing things.

Comments

• Na
      8th of Mar, 2007

Yes I agree, I had prepaid Airtel connection. Few weeks back suddenly my outgoing was disconnected without any notice and I got struck at some critical situation.I was frustrated, helpless... Caused emotional anguish. Then next day I went to Cust care center with address proof docs and took more than 2 hrs to submit the document(Half day completely wasted) then that evening I got outgoing call enabled. Again after 2 days i got sms from airtel to resubmit the document else my outgoing call will be barred. Totally frustrated... I have work I cannot go behind airtel to keep on resubmitting my documents everyday, I cannot operate under this condition... Then I decided to throw away my prepaid simcard. Being a corporate employee called sales executive from airtel they came gave me new connection and new simcard and got activated within 12hrs... Now I suffering... I unable to make ISD calls... I sent email to 121@airtelindia.com with all required documents to activate my isd call facility as advised by the airtel executive. After 2 days when I called 121(It took nearly 45 mins to speak to executive sooooo many recorded options which irritates) he just saying that they did not receive any email and requesting to sent it again... are they playing with us. I said no i am not going to send any more email then he raised some request on his own and informed me that i will get ISD activated within 2 working days. I really don't know whats happening... I am a customer of airtel past 7yrs only voice quality is keeping me to be airtel customer... but airtel customer care is the worst I ever seen in my life it just sucks.

I had very bad experience with airtel customer care when I lost my mobile few years back.

• Na
      22nd of May, 2007

I am an airtel subscriber (mobile 9845443433, landline 41311037, broadband)for the last 3-4 years. My March 2007 bill was 1055 and I paid 1300 (Rs 245) extra . Because of that while paying the April 2007 bill I paid Rs 246 less. Your customer executives disturbed me so much asking about the remaining money even though their account reflect that my money is already available with you.

Every time I spent 10- 20 mts just explaining about this and the heights of this is you disconnected my outgoing calls on 22nd. I couldn't believe that Airtel kind of company not valuing the customer time and pesturing them by disconnecting the service.

The heights of that is after got disconnected, we have informed airtel customer executive promised me that they will be reactivating it with in 4 hours and now even after more than 12 hours it is not activated.

Today morning I've spent around 45 mts with your customer executive explaining him what happened in my bills, (atleast try to appoint who understand little bit of maths), As he is taking so much time to understand basic maths I asked him to connect to his manager, he put me on hold for 5-7 mts and disconnected the call. his name is "Shreyan" and I called form 9845443433 mobile.

I didn't expect this kind of approach from a company who value their customer.

• Ki
      21st of Jul, 2007

My mobile no. is 9955525665 which i took one month back. I live in village so it is very difficult for me to come the city and talk to customer care. After giving two or three days services connection had been discontinued. When i called to the customer care they were asking for address proof which i had all ready submitted to shopkeepeer. After disconnecting services one month back the services have been not started yet. Airtel person is asking all customers to resubmit the address proof documents. They are saying this is due to TRAI guidelines. I have submitted the documents when I took the connection. Now they called up and confirmed the address proof. All of sudden they called me and said the address in their records do not match. I don't understand this. I have not moved nor did I change my address!! I think they are just passing their inefficiency to the customer and asking them to unnecessarily submit - resubmit - resubmit cycle. What is the guarantee that they have it right. If they want to confirm the address, they need to use different methods of confirming the address. I could again give them a junk address, if I was really needed to play mischief.

Thanking you
    Regards
    kishori prasad

• Vi
      30th of May, 2008

Respected, I have to change my addresss which were belongs to my airtel post paid connection which were change into new address of my house my new address : SHIVKRUPA, 4/141, S.B.PAWAR MARG, CURREY ROAD, MUMBAI;400013. Please send my bill on this new addresss. Thanks, vijay khamkar(9987365668)

• Dr
      11th of Jun, 2008

help me to get internet connection for Nokia N70(No-9866147061).