Airtel India / amount is deducted from my account!

My mobile service provider is airtel india. Today morning hello tune is automatically subscribed to my mobile number. However I never made a request regarding activating hello tune and a random song is also selected for hello tune. When I contacted airtel people, they are not paying attention on this issue simply saying that it is your mistake: "you do what u can do". Rs 45/- is deducted from my account balance.

Beware poeple!

A  22nd of Nov, 2006 by

I am an nri and in kerala now and using airtel gprs for my internet connection. i don’t use airtel live. The sites i brows are emails sites and few media sites. I am getting many alerts on my phone regarding ‘thank you for using airtel live’ and I am loosing money like 10, 15 or even 30 Rs. Whenever i call 121 and complain it they say i downloaded this and that. Today i complained again that they say all excuses and insisting that those charges won’t come if i don’t download. So i asked them to lodge the complaint to tech support to see actually what is happening?

Do anybody had this problem before? this is really frustrating and if this happen again i will change my cellular provider and my issue goes to all internet and finally they will listen it.

Is there any way i can compalin above that useless customer support? the problem must be a network or application bug they have or someone is really manipulating. Otherwise they must say the exact reason why the charges coming to my phone.

Do sending emails with attachments in yahoo or hotmail charge to airtel?

A frustrated customer of Airtel.
A  30th of Nov, 2006 by
There has been a deduction of Rs 29 from my account without my permission. Though I lodged a complain for more than 3 times no action was taken. The service executive told that he is unable to help and it's my wish to continue with Airtel or not. Though I spoke to a supervisor there was no result. This is the worst customer service I ever had. To add fuel to fire the offer got renewed and another Rs 29 was deducted. I spoke to a supervisor and finally the second months Rs 29 was refunded. This was not expected from Airtel. I hate the service and I am going to switch over to HUTCH.
A  30th of Nov, 2006 by
I had spent 20 minutes at Airtel Bangalore office, and made it clear to corporate help desk executive that I need a free of charge safe custody of my cell number or otherwise I would like the connection to be disconnected. He assured me that my number will be safe custody and there will be no charge for the same. In spite of this I am being charged, even when my phone is switched off. I wrote an Email to Bharti, but no response.

Don't use Airtel!
A  8th of Dec, 2006 by
My postpaid connection form RITES Ltd., Gurgaon, is corporate connection with the no. 9810308570 is being operating since last one year. i have received a latest bill for Rs.1809.27 to be paid on 22nd Nov. 2006 out of which i have paid 600/-.

the discrepancy in the above bill states one time charges of 1241.30/- which i suppose not to be not to be paid from my side. As i have a corporate connection of Rs.900/- for two years which is already one year over. i have been contacting customer care of air tel for rectifying the bill but all in vain.

the same amount of Rs.1241.30/- was reflected in my bill dated 21-8-06 in which one time charges as advance rental of Rs.999/- was shown twice on dates 5-7-06 and 27-7-06.

I informed airtel customer care in a month of July itself about the twice charging of 999/- in the same month in the advance rental.
A  10th of Jan, 2007 by
My 121 service is mostly blocked and when i complain to the operator they are telling that u cannot use more then 5 times a day but mostly i do not use
A  29th of Jan, 2007 by
My name is Patric Benziher and my cell number is 9894968300. We use this cell number exclusively to connect to internet and we don't use our cellphone for any other purposes. We don't call anyone using this number, we don't sms anybody and no one even has this number.

This Tuesday, on 23rd of January 2007, there was a power failure in our town in the morning and I had promptly switched off the cell as my wont. However when I turned it on in the afternoon, there was a sms from a service called Airtel live, thanking me for using its service. When I checked my account balance, I saw that Rs.10/ was taken off it. I called the customer service and they informed me that I had downloaded something using airtel live. I explained patiently to the customer service guy that I did nothing like that. He told me to check after 24 hours and my complaint will be forwarded and a resolution will be taken. But the next day, Wednesday 24th, I got a sms saying that the 10 rupees taken off from the account is justified as supposedly I had downloaded something.

My problem is that I don't even know what airtel live is, I never signed up for that, I didn't even download anything and most important of all, my cellphone was turned off during that said period. When I inquired with my friends, they informed me that this has happened with them too. And I checked online only to find so many AIRTEL customers complaining about the same.

When I contacted their higher authorities, all I got was that I had downloaded a wallpaper on Tuesday 23rd at 11 am. But they are not even listening to me that my phone was turned off at that time. And I have not downloaded anything at all. And that bothers me that no one is accountable for this.

With regards,
Patric Benziher.
A  23rd of Mar, 2007 by
There are Automatic deduction and automatic downloads through my mobile Airtel scheme of life time incoming free Rs 999/- and outgoing refill within 6 months.

Every refill i make there is zero balance after 2 days. And now i have been charges Rs 13 for a VAS download which i have not done . Currently my balance status shows Rs -13 ( negative balance) . Is there anyone who has taken any action or approached the consumer court regarding Airtel.

A  11th of Apr, 2007 by
I had earlier accessed to GPRS connection by airtel. Now that I have changed my mobile I wanted to change my settings. I am not able to connect to the costumer care after repeated trials. This proves the faulty costumer response system of airtel.
A  17th of Apr, 2007 by
I have a postpaid mobile corporate connection. In the month of feb., 2007 i received a sms from the airtel about the f & f scheme wherein airtel is going to charge me rs4.50 per min. For making a international call at a given number. I subscribed the offer & got the confirmation from airtel. To my surprise in the month of march my bill was charged at a normal rate. On taking up the matter, i was told that the amount will be refunded in the next bill. I am in receipt of my latest bill, wherein the previous amount has been refunded but for the month of march again , the normal rate have been charged. I have been taking the matter with 121 but nothing has been done so far in spite of my repeated requests.
N  27th of Apr, 2007 by
I recently have taken airtel connection i think this was a big mistake without informing me they started my caller tune and also take time to solve my problem by the customer care its better to switch to hutch or tata indicom (new launched) and the great point is network of tata is 10 times good then air tel.please don't express ur emotion with air tel its one of the worst telecom.
A  30th of Apr, 2007 by
Each time I refill or top up; for some reasons Airtel is deducting Rs 99. When we contact Airtel they say we have accepted some offer but we have never accepted any offer and also we would like to cancel the same which is not happening. Please help.
A  1st of Jul, 2007 by
I am using Airtel's life time validity scheme. They cut Rs/ 99 in the name of India-England tour on 24 June, without giving any information. When I complained to customer care and scolded for their wrong did. They told me to return the money within 30 hours but not returned. Again when I talked to customer care, they gave me 48 hours to wait. But again did not return the money. In this way they are cheating the customers.

A  1st of Jul, 2007 by
I am using Airtel's life time validity scheme no is 9935490682. They cut Rs/ 99 in the name of India-England tour on 24 june, without giving any information. When I complained to customer care and scolded for their wrong did. They told me to return the money within 30 hours but not returned. Again when I talked to customer care, they gave me 48 hours to wait. But again did not return the money. In this way they are cheating the customers.

A  9th of Aug, 2007 by
My money in the phone is being deducted for some vas download which i have not done. Beware!
A  5th of Sep, 2007 by
Actually 31st september we had sent SMS to indian idol.We had sent 550 votes from 2 sim card but only 9 votes came the message deleverd .So other came the message reply as " Sorry you are not authorized to use the service gateway II from 52525".
So we didn't understand it.May i know the reason.
Only by "Sim No.8991540705048802832 and phone No:9793056829"the 9 message came delivered and other number is "Sim No.8991540705048802956 and Phone No:9793056841"the 0 message came delivered and came message like up i.e "Sorry you are not authorized to use the service gateway II from 52525".
But our money went by declining on message number.
We had purchased it from Gorakhpur. We had needed reasons abt it as soon as possible.Now we must do sms for upcoming Indian idol programe for voting.
A  6th of Sep, 2007 by
I am using airtel prepaid... with nokia 6070.

From last two days, while accessing airtel live i got message packet data connection not available... when I inquire customer executives told me u should contact to technical department using 121 number... but my 121 number is off for more than 2 months... they are telling me that if u call 121 more than 24 times within month, ur 121 facility off for 1 month... but even after 2 months they are not activating 121 number...

I am complaining regularly to them but service is not starting.

Last month airtel charged me 24 rs for "was "download which I haven't use... I even don't know whats it...

Beware people!
A  18th of Sep, 2007 by
I use a Airtel Prepaid Connection of Kolkata.Last month my balance has been deducted unnecessarily.A sms came to my mobile saying Thanks for using Airtel Live Services.When i call to 121 they told me that i have downloaded something from Airtel Live service.but i have downloaded nothing.then why my balance has been deducted?Ans me.
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by
i had got my service of airtel gprs activated on 22nd of sep at approx 7am in the morning.But when after downloading pc suite frm my cd and after doing all my settings of airtel gprs with the guidence of airtel customer care representative,i was all set to go,when i logged in after few minutes i learnt that the speed of internet dial-up was quite slow,and whn i did complaint several times at the customer care,nobody not even the senior officials of the customer care took me seriously.then after that my customer care was barred and upon calling frm another ph my calls were being cut in regular intervals,but when twice or thrice my call got connected and i told them the whole situation even to the senior official,they told that there is nothing we can do ab it.i am tired with the lack of the inconvinience and the wrong attitude of the customer care. can i get any justice relating to this issue
A  27th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Sir
I am user of your lifetime connection.My Mob no. is 09955358300
dialer tone have been added to me and amount deducted,without my request or subscription for dialer tone.
I am also victim ofyour un fair trade practic e.
I request you not to repeat this again in future and amount deducted to be credited to my avaialble balance.

Wahid Raza
A  3rd of Oct, 2007 by
Why are u always barring my outgoing connection?today is the billing date.Y u have disconnected my outgoing?customer care people is saying that due to non payment it is disconnected.But we have last date upto 18Th.Y r u creating this type of problems?

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel