Airtel / automatic activation of hello-tune and deduction of charges.

1 India Review updated:

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. Few months ago one hello-tune was activated automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't revert it back, neither refunded the money. I had to spend few more rupees to cancel it by dialing some number.

BUT TEHY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. I FEEL HURT BY THIS UNETHICAL PRACTICE. DON'T Airtel HAVE ANY OTHER IDEA TO INCREASE THEIR PROFIT.

I am not the lone sufferer, on internet one can find similar stories of Airtel customers. Moreover, the amount of Rs. 30 is immaterial but the audacity of this practice is significant.

I call for the authories to step in and curb this practice.

Comments

Ca
  4th of Jul, 2008

I am also hostage to this corrupt and thieving practice. Does anyone know how to stop this corporate sanctioned theft? This practice would bring criminal charges anywhere else in the world. Surely there is some effective recourse.

Pe
  31st of Oct, 2008

it happened to me also twice...

Pg
  18th of Feb, 2010

Automatic activation of audio movie service and deduction of charges.

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. a week ago audio movie service was activated & renewd automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't...
please send me reply about it.

Fg
  20th of May, 2010

jitna kudte ho...utna kata karo...bahar khich ke kaan ke niche bajana...koi airtel me kaam karne se pahle so bar sochna...ki ye malik log pitvayenge...vo bhi buri tarah