Airasia / crew manager denying remedy for a serious medical condition

1 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Review updated:

Hi there

I am currently in the air on flight AL6434. With Airasia.

I am complaining in relation to an interaction I had with the crew members.

I initially asked a crew member if he would kindly let me sit on a "hot seat". Most host seats were vacant. I explained that I have a serious medical condition that affects my lower back and hip - caused by a nearly fatal car accident. The crew member was very kind and sympathetic, and he told me he would have to ask his boss if it would be okay. I offered to pay twice the amount for the hot seat or even more if I had to. I was desperate for the seat - when I sit in regular economy I suffer from painful spasms and nerve pain.

He then went to ask his boss, Sheldan, the crew manager, but Sheldan immediately said "no". I asked if I could speak to Sheldan but he did not seem willing communicate with me.

Ordinarily, I book the hot seat online, but I sprained my before the flight and was stuck at the hospital and my friend booked the flights and I had no details.

I am so terribly unsatisfied with the way Sheldan treated me. I am in extraordinary pain right now and the seats are essentially all vacant..

In cases involving medical complications, staff should be able to wave the company policy... And I offered to pay regardless!

This to me shows that Airasia does not care about the well being of their customers and I will never be using them again and will never recommend them again.

I am extremely saddened by this experience

Ar
Jul 12, 2018

Comments

• Ca
      12th of Jul, 2018

You should have booked the hotseat online. This is your fault...And you cannot use one night at a hospital, and a sprained Booboo as an excuse to NOT choose the correct seat, that meets your needs. Your fault.

Gee... Next time I book an economy flight, I will find my way to my assigned seat...Then tell the flight attendant that I want to pay extra for a first class seat.

DO YOU A SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THIS SOUNDS? YOU ARE BASICALLY DOING THE SAME THING!!!

You should probably feel lucky to be on the flight at all. They could have yanked you off the flight, for being a disruptive person... At least they didn't put your cry baby butt in the cargo hold, or the overhead compartment. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Om
      12th of Jul, 2018

If you knew your friend didn't book this "hot seat" then why didn't you deal with it BEFORE you boarded the plane. AKA when you were checking in. That's when you could upgrade your seat. If the seats were full, what would you do? make someone move?