Air France / lost bag

1 Canada

My sister-in-law came to Toronto on May 27th, 2018 flying from Moscow to Toronto via Paris. Her bag was lost and it's July 11, 2018 today and we still have no information on our bag.

First of all, the customer service of Air France is the worst of any other company I've used before. I spoke to 5 different agents on the phone and everyone gave me different information. The first person told me to wait for a few days and that we would receive a call/email from AF about our bag. The second person told me to wait 21 days to get an email/call with the search results from AF. The third person told me to wait 60 days to receive an email/call. The fourth person told me that the case had been sent to a Russian office and that they would contact us soon. After waiting for 2 more weeks I called again and the fifth person told me that the previous info about Russian office he doesn't know if it is true or not and that we now have to wait for 90 days.

AF - is this even REAL????????? How do you train your staff????? Why no one can tell me an honest answer on the whole procedure regarding the lost bag??? Do you even value your customers or you just don't care?

My sister-in-law is 15 and it was her first trip to Canada. She is still upset about the lost items and we have to spend so much money out of our pocket to buy her new clothes. We also had so many gifts from our parents and relatives that we haven't seen for 5 years and everything is lost!!!

I am so disappointed with this miscommunication that I wrote a complaint on an official AF website. You know what - no one responded back to me!!!

By the way, we are still waiting for the first cheque for the NECESSITY PURCHASES - it's almost 2 months and it's somewhere we don't know where.

Our family was a regular AF customer for the last 8 years - you've lost our trust in a day.

Zh