Air Asia X / terms and conditions on pregnant passenger

Good day to you.

We had investigate with the relevant department and we apologize on the inconvenience caused.

As such, we would be able to cancel and refund the booking nos. EFFQSR and EBWINN as requested.

The refund amount will be credited to the credit card that was used during the booking in 30 working days.

With regards to your enquiry for booking nos V3KJ5Y and QERPVH, in our terms of carriage expressly states that flight tickets once boarded, cannot be cancelled and refundable.

As such, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accommodate your request.

Should you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to attend to you.

Thanks & Regards

Nicholas

From: Li Kai [mailto:[protected]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 April, 2012 7:34 PM
To: Li Kai
Cc: Junaidah Binti Abdullah; Amardeep Singh Cheema; Gethanchaly A/P Peramal @ Perumal; Nicholas Soo Hye Meng; [protected]@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Complaint

Hello Junaidah,

The proposal is disappointing. The mistake had caused us

1. Two days lost
2. Spoil all our weekend plan
3. Huge stress to my pregnant wife and myself
4. Running around in an unfamiliar city looking for hospitals
5. No choice but to travel on overnight flight on the following day because we should have gotten back to KL 2 days earlier

That is not gesture of goodwill. You are asking your customer to pay for your mistake.

Refund all 4 bookings is the minimum compensation for all the TROUBLE and LOSS caused by incompetence.

On 4 Apr, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Li Kai <[protected]@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Junaidah,

Thank you for your reply.

Your proposal is NOT ACCEPTABLE and you should know why.

Our expectation is Air Asia X refund all four bookings as compensation to all the troubles caused due to mistake made.

Warmest regards,

Li Kai

On 4 Apr, 2012, at 4:34 PM, Junaidah Binti Abdullah <[protected]@airasia.com> wrote:

Good day to you.

As such, we would be able to cancel and refund the booking no. EFFQSR as requested.

However, for booking no. EBWINN, we regret to inform you that we are not be able refund this booking.

Nevertheless, as gesture of goodwill, we would be able to cancel your booking and convert the fare paid as an online credit shell.

The credit can be used for your future travels with AirAsia X or AirAsia ("Credit Shell").

You or any person(s) authorized by yourself will be able to utilize the funds to purchase any AirAsia X or Airasia pre-booked product/ services and for future flight reservations to any AirAsia X or AirAsia destinations (Prefixes AK, FD, QZ and D7).

Mr Tiew, the Credit Shell will be created in your AirAsia member account.

Please let us know if you agreeable to the above and we will do the needful at our end.

Thanks and regards,

Junaidah

From: Junaidah Binti Abdullah
Sent: Wednesday, 4 April, 2012 12:34 PM
To: 'Li Kai Tiew'
Cc: Amardeep Singh Cheema; Gethanchaly A/P Peramal @ Perumal; Nicholas Soo Hye Meng
Subject: RE: Complaint

Dear Mr Tiew Li Kai,

Good day and thank you for writing in to us.

In regards to your enquiry, we have forwarded your email to the relevant for investigation.

Once we have an update, we will revert to you at soonest.

Until then, your patience towards us is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

CC: [protected]@hotmail.com; [protected]@hotmail.com
Subject: Complaint
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:43:09 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

You have a very disappointed customer here.

My wife is pregnant, our original schedule was to fly from Hangzhou back to KL on March 30th (Booking number EBWINN & EFFQSR).

My wife were refused to fly with a valid approved doctor's medical certificate dated March 11th as attached.

Air Asia staff Ms. Jin (XCH0004) insisted that the certificate must be issued within 1 week prior to departure. We argued so many times that it's 30 days. She called captain AZUAN BIN ABIDIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN INSISTED on 1 week and refused to check my wife in.

My wife was so upset and we have no choice but to leave airport with 40 kg luggage to look for hospital in an unfamiliar city.

We booked, paid a fortune and travelled the following day (Booking number V3KJ5Y & QERPVH).

Confusion on terms and conditions have caused us
1. Two days lost
2. Spoil all our weekend plan
3. Huge stress to my pregnant wife and myself
4. Running around in an unfamiliar city looking for hospitals

Ms. Jin refused to check my wife in even when we told her that the approved doctor's medical certificate is valid. She was so confident that it's 7 days but could not prove to us.

We just wanted to go home and we had to make so much effort and overcome many obstacles.

We have lodged complaint in
1. Air Asia office at Guangzhou through phone
2. Xiaoshan airport through phone
3. Ms. Jin face to face
4. LCCT Air Asia service desk
5. LCCT Air Asia X service desk

No one has comeback to my complaint so far and yet I have write this email to you. You should look into improving your feedback system and get back to me ASAP.
+[protected]
+[protected]

This is by far my worst travel experience and I look forward to your reply soon.