Air Asia / after 8 weeks still not see my refund

1 Malaysia Review updated:

It has been almost 2 months since I received Airasia's letter (see below) in regards to my air tickets refund. As of today, Jan-1-2009, I have not seen the money being credited
to my card. The 2 air tickets are:

1) AQ1QBC - RM490
2) GK4QEA - RM340

When can I get my money back ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Mr. Richard,
> I truly apologise for the late respond. Regards to
your
> recent query, please
> be informed that we have included the change fees of
RM150
> in the refund
> process. Therefore, you will get back RM490 for your
> cancelled booking.
> We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
> Thanks & regards,
> 64000 Sepang, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
> Malaysia.

Ri
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ev
      12th of May, 2009

I am having the same problem, the Air Asia customer service officer over-charged me when I requested them to change the date of flight for four person. The right amount is RM936, but they charged me RM2, 200 to my credit card!!!

I am very disappointed, frustrated and angry of the way they handle their customers. I have been calling them on and off to check the status of the refund progress, they told me the finance people has put a statement that it was done on 6/05/09. When I called my credit card centre, I was told there is no money shown refund transaction from Air Asia in my account on 11/05/09.

I think Tony must do something about poor customer service in Air Asia, there are always a choice for us NOT to FLY with Air Asia.

I will always remember these two ladies who are Air Asia customer service officers, Thanam and Mary, who are so unprofessional... I do not know how long should I wait to settle this issue.

• Zo
      23rd of Nov, 2009

according to them they will NEVER REFUND $ Back to your credit card or account, they will give you back something called the credit shields and you will need to use it to purchase ticket from them.. do u want to check with them again ?

• Li
      24th of Mar, 2010

Air Asia very poor customer service, Always online system errors, very difficult to contact them over the phone, Waist money & Time. Most of the staff members are rude

Same problem 10weeks gone still I didn't get my refund

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2010

Hi guys, have you all finally received your refund?? I am going through the same thing and it makes me sick that Air Asia thinks they can keep people's money this long!! Have you conssidered charging back?

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2010

Having Googled AirAsia complaints l see there are many - so here is another one:
    On 30th June 2010 I tried to make a return on-line booking BKK - CXM, each time the booking finished with an error. This occurred twice case no 018593316909 and 018665417794. The on-line help was pathetic, l must have received 50 messages in the 40 minutes l was waiting and when l did get through they advised me to contact Air Asia centre, which l did and finished up on hold.
    The failed booking was reported to Air Asia on 30th June and that a deduction had been made from my Visa card on 30th June of THB 2, 845.30 equivalent to HK$697.95. I provided the payment ref. to Air Asia and have sent a letter to the company. And todate no refund and no constructive reply from the company. Bottom line is never use the airline again. Does Tony M. ever read any of this stuff l wonder.

• El
      22nd of Sep, 2013

I have the same problem, it's been 10 weeks and I didnt get my refund yet from airasia. the service sucks! they want to keep passenger's money for months to get the interest from the bank!!!

• Ri
      26th of Sep, 2013

I have the same problem too...i have wait for 4month from mei2013 till now...they said wehave to wait 6month to complete the process...total rm1800...they told me that my case has been settled and credit to my account...but till now i cant see where my money go...i call the bank they said no refund from airasia...

19th of Mar, 2015

I have had the same problem. I Booked flights with AirAsia but the flights never excessed there end. Have waited for over 5 months now without having my refund and still haven't received the total of $1996.40US. Will be very careful booking flights with AirAsia if I ever do again.

18th of Nov, 2015

One more complaint in AA account..We have cancelled flight before 3 months and still AA members saying its in process but yet refund is not done.
    Customer care people is giving repetitive answers over the concerns raised by us. Moreover they are not directing me to authorized or senior person who can help me in a true manner.