AIG American Home Assurance Company / Scam and fraud!

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-218-3000

I am on a workers comp claim since my injury in July 07. MRI and physical therapy was requested in August. Went on Temporary Total Disability in October. MRI and PT were approved in October, 2 months after request. First TTD check was month late, second check was not sent since they "did not realized" I was getting TTD checks even after they already sent me one. Surgery for L4-L5 Microdiscectomy requested by Physician in November 07. Doctor changes name of practice in January 08, no longer covered by AIG, however they did approve the surgery for him, but won't cover the cost. New doctor assigned in February 08. February 21st check placed on hold for 11 days due to AIG passing bad checks on that account. New Doctor appointment canceled in March 08 due to AIG not sending pre-payment, they had a month to send it out. March 7th check not sent out, no explanation why. No new check has yet to have been issued. Awaiting response from their attorney regarding hold up. Check is now 10 days late.

Gr

Comments

24th of May, 2008

I have been getting a check for two years with no problem. I got a back injury and have a permamnet total disability. I have been playing their little game for a while now I have not seen a check for a month and a half now. When I contacted their lawyers they said my check should not have been stopped. I have a wife and three kids that depend on me and I can not work. They have shut our gas off and we are going hungry all because there is no law to protect us from these peaple who put trying to beat peaple out of money rather than follow the rules and documented facts. We need to get a bunch of us together and try and find a way to bring them to justice and answer for their actions.

22nd of Sep, 2008

my husband has been on comp. for six years now due to a back injury, it took them almost five years to finaly do back surgury, we have also went along with all of there games, and it is absulutly stupid!!! all the sudden are payments have stopped for no reason and with no explanation not to us or our lawers and no one can get ahold of our ajuster and it seems like no one is trying either, we have three kids and my income is not near enough and he cant work, what are we supposed to do!!!