AHS Home Warranty Companystay away

AHS was going to have to replace a blown A/C compressor at my house. The tech inspected it, agreed it had just failed under normal operation, and left.

An hour later, we get a call from a rude AHS rep telling us that the repair was denied due to a couple of dented fins on the compressor. This is a large unit with close to 40 square feet of heat exchanger. When the rep contradicted himself about the diagnoses a minute into the call, he cursed and hung up on us.

This company seems to make money on the idea that when something big breaks, you need it repaired. They'll string you along with "we'll get back to you tomorrow", until you get tired of having no heat in the winter, and your pipes burst, or no AC in the summer or your stove catches fire.

So you'll end up paying full retail for the repair and having to go through the aggravation of waiting - and you'll still have spent worthless money for their "coverage".

Comments

Oct 03, 2008

AHS is the worst cmpany I have ever dealt with! My pool heater broke and the tech advised the company it needed to be replaced. I bought the extra coverage to make sure the pool equipment was covered. Its 6 weeks later and they say they ordered a comparable heater. Come to find out that they ordered a small spa heater not a 14000' gallon pool heater. I looked it up on the net and it will only heat a small spa, NOT to be used for pools. The customer service is AWEFUL. They have attitude and do not have any concept of customer service. I highly advise all to stay away from AHS home warranty!!!

• Ni
      Apr 23, 2009
    AHS Home Warranty Company - horrible customer service
    AHS Home warranty
    Pennsylvania

Simply put: AHS is the worst company ever! Poor customer service, no one will ever call you back. If you request to talk to a supervisor...good luck! They will take your money and never fix the problems. The warranty came free with my house when i bought it and i am sooo happy i did not waste my money on this company. It is a waste of time and money! DO NOT service a contract with AHS EVER! Their technicians are horrible as well that they send out.

• Fr
      May 06, 2009

I couldn't agree more. The company goes out of their way to sell, sell, sell but not stand behind their product. Every excuse possible for not performing service. I had an A/C unit denied for having a dent in the side caused by son hitting it with a baseball when he was 8 years old. My unit is 19 years old and my son is now 22 years old. I guess it took 14 years for that dent to finally takes its toll on the system.

AHS is a rip off

• Fr
      Sep 20, 2009

I have had similar issues with this company. In August 2017 they were called to repair a water leak. A hole was cut in my celing to locate the water leak from upstairs and the ceiling was supposed to be repaired by another company. As of 9/20/09 I am still fighting with them to get the hole repaired. Customer service rep was very arguementive and unprofessional. When I tried to talk she interrupted and kept stating that they were waiting on the plumbing company to call in the size of the hole so that they could contact a drywall service to repair the hole. There is no Quality check-ups or follow throughs to ensure customer satisfaction.

Jan 13, 2011

Stay away from this company. They are a bunch of con artists in suits. They take your money and send people that have no business doing repairs. They won't return calls, repair inadequate repairs, refund your money. Save your money, look elsewhere for a company that truly stands behind their work and treats you like a customer, not a dollar bill! Had this company for six years, went downhill horribly!!! I would not get this company to repair my doghouse!