Agoda / trying to get refund.

United States Review updated:

You cannot talk to a person.
You leave all the information.
It sends you straight to voice mail.
I emailed customer support 3 times.
No ones ever contact you back.
Still waiting for refund.
Stay away no customer service. At all.
Watch the star rating on the hotels.
They said the hotel was a 3 star.
I looked at other sites.
1 star so i canceled booking.
Dirty they never clean rooms. No house keeping. Broken item all over the room. Bad reviews go on and on.

Na
May 17, 2015

Comments

• Ww
      22nd of Jan, 2012

Tried using Agoda to book hotels on a recent trip through Southeast Asia. If you don't experience any challenges or don't need to make changes, you're probably fine, but if you ever need customer service you are out of luck. They post claims about responding to issues within 24 hours but they don't respond at all (my experience).
    I ran into one problem where the hotel refused to recognize the Agoda confirmation and I had to effectively pay twice. Despite emails, Agoda never responded at all. Most travelers we've talked to have had similar experiences if not more agregious.

Agoda - Did not send voucher
    Agoda

I booked a hotel, they charged me for boat transfers, then refused to send me the transfer details, or information about where the boat even leaves from. When I called they put me on hold with no warning and never picked up. Terrible service!!!

19th of Feb, 2012

I left this complaint rashly, the company were very helpful and I wanted to retract it. I was just upset to have been charged boat transfers rather discretely with my booking, however I should have read the small print a bit better.

Agoda - Retracting previous complaint
    Agoda

Retracting below complaint, matter resolved most helpfully. Only complaint now was that Agoda did not make it overtly clear that customers would be charged boat transfers.

16th of Mar, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to lodge a formal complaint regarding a recent booking made through your travel company, Agoda.

16/02/12 I made a booking for Bahia Othon Palace Hotel, Salvador, South America.
    Six days after the booking I had not received my hotel e-voucher (it is stated in your information that this should be received within 48 hours) so I contacted your support team via email asking for it to be sent through. The following day I received a reply explaining there was a system error on your side and so I was asked to make further contact so Agoda could provide me with an adequate solution.

I called your support team.
    A consultant explained that the room I had booked was unavailable; I have trouble understanding why an unavailable hotel room would be advertised as available. After spending over an hour waiting on the hotel phone (NZ$200 at my expense, receipt available) the consultant re-booked the exact same room for the exact same date. He insisted I ring back in exactly 1 hour to confirm that I wanted the room - I assured him I did but he said the booking would not be processed unless I rang again.
    I am confused because I have made several successful bookings with Agoda and have never been asked to call through to confirm.

An hour later I rang as requested (not something I felt like doing on my holiday, at midnight). After several attempts I was finally connected to a consultant who had incredible difficulty speaking English and who disconnected me 3 times. She did not call me back after the 3rd time. In my opinion, that is poor customer service. At around 1.30am I gave up

The following day I called Agoda again (third time in 2 days) and waited another 30 minutes before being connected to the operator, which cost me NZ$75 and then a further NZ$30 at an Internet cafe. Surely I should not have had to incur these costs through your team's lack of service?

Again I explained the entire situation and the consultant assured me she would sort the mess out once and for all and would call me back at our hotel within 2 hours.
    After 3 1/2 hours of waiting at our hotel we still had not heard from her.
    To say we were very disheartened with the way Agoda's staff had let us down would be an understatement.

I then wrote a complaint letter to the support team who replied stating that hotel reception had said we were not in the room when they tried to make contact - I can assure you we were most certainly in our room as this mess had already ruined part of our holiday and clearly we wanted this drama over as soon as possible.

Agoda continued by saying that it is not possible to confirm this booking due to a constant system error, so please be advised that we would like to offer you to cancel this reservation with full refund and also we are offering you the amount of the first night as a compensation for the inconvenience that happened.

But why would the consultant make a second booking with the same hotel if it was already clear that there was a system error in place? I replied explaining they had my bank details but I am yet to receive the compensation promised. It is almost 3 weeks now.

Our flight was due to land in Salvador that afternoon and because of this mess we had no time to re-book additional accommodation. We then caught a taxi to Bahia Othon Palace Hotel in the hope of a vacancy since Agoda had explained the problem was with their system not the hotel's.
    The exact same room was booked for us but the cost of that room had almost doubled.

The hotel manager said they had absolutely no affiliation with Agoda and that I was the 2nd person to arrive saying Agoda had booked them.

Further, in your advert for Bahia Othon Palace Hotel you state that on site is a gym, sauna, tennis court, golf course, casino, indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and spa. NONE of these are present at the hotel. Surely this is false advertising on your part. We were further disillusioned and disappointed since I had specifically booked this hotel as an anniversary surprise for my partner. We were both shocked to see this was not the case when we arrived.
    On your web page you state SECURE and FAST. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Again, I mention false advertising.

We appreciate Agoda's gesture (which we have yet to receive) however this has ruined several days of a great first holiday. We spent over NZ$305 on toll calls (the majority accumulated on waiting for the operator). Receipts available.
    Originally I regarded Agoda as a trustworthy and competent booking company and wouldn't have hesitated recommending you, however this ongoing situation has left us dumbfounded.

While we cannot get those wasted days back we would, however, appreciate compensation for the time wasted on the phone and the accommodation refund and compensation as promised by you.

I am waiting now for you to get back to me with your solution to this whole mess.

yours sincerely

Anna Lund

• Co
      31st of Mar, 2012
    Agoda - higher price
    agoda
    Indonesia
    web.id

I book Ibis hotel in Bandung for 25 MArch and pay $48.24, when I check in I saw walk in customer charge for IDR 300, 000.
    I think agod lied to me about guaranteed low price . MY booking no 16290922. Hope they will refund me!!

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2012
    Agoda - no customer service
    Ottawa
    Ontario
    Canada

I accidentally cancelled a non refundable booking. It took 7 days for Customer Service to tell me I had to make a new booking and pay before they would re-emburse me for the first booking. It has been 5 days and they have not replied to my numerous queries. I have been probably screwed over $600. STAY AWAY from this site!!!

• Ea
      30th of Apr, 2012

You made a mistake and you are asking people to stay away from a top leading hotel reservation website?

• If
      29th of Dec, 2012

agreed i also book 1 room in Grand palace Hotel Malang my code booking is 25040922
    from december 27 to December 28 . Price is IDR 660.000 where the lower price in this hotel is 625.000 and they have special discount by IDR 385.000
    so i feel dissapointed and hope Agoda return my money back

• Li
      10th of Jan, 2014
    Agoda - Taking bookings when there is no availabilty

I made a booking with Agoda for a motel in Wanganui. When I arrived the motel said they were fully booked and had told Agoda they couldn't take the booking but we were not advised. Tried to get a refund out of Agoda several times via their website contact to no avail. NEVER USE THEM.

• Mi
      4th of Apr, 2014
    Agoda - Bait-and-Switch
    Agoda

Agoda cheats its customers by posting attractive room rates, you book it, then they abruptly cancel it citing some error and try to direct you to one of their partner hotels. They refuse to honor the room rate and take no responsibility. This is the old bait-and-switch to lure customers then send them somewhere else.

• Vi
      14th of Sep, 2014
    Agoda - Inefficient service
    Racial abuse
    Karnataka
    India

This is a racially biased site. Does not consider complaints from Asian nationals as important. They provide absolutely low class service to Asians. Adians p, eSe beware of using this sote

• Ra
      5th of Mar, 2015
    Agoda - Unresponsive to rewards points
    Sydney
    New South Wales
    Australia

I have been an agoda customer for 4 years. No rewards wad credited to my account. They blamed the customer for failing to get the rewards credited, is this fair?

• Lr
      15th of Mar, 2015
    Agoda - They cancelled on me
    Agoda.com
    United Kingdom

I made a booking with Agoda.com and prepaid them 100%. I got a receipt stating "confirmed and guaranteed". 5 days later they said the hotel was not available and offered me a much worse option (poor rating and further away). V poor indeed.

• Hi
      24th of Apr, 2015
    Agoda - Charging too much
    Agoda.com
    India

they are charging 15usd for cancellation while the total bill is 15.74 there were no terms like this

• Re
      4th of Oct, 2015

I made a booking through agoda with ID 78396745. To be safe, i had called hotel to reconfirm, but hotel told me that they did not have room. I called Agoda, but Agoda told me that booking is confirm. So i choose not to believe Agoda and stay in other hotel. I asked Agoda for refund, but Agoda refused & claim that hotel confirms my booking. Its ridiculous!!