Afni Inc — Non existent account debt
Issue of double billing was settled with Verizon in 2017. The phone number in question was transfered to another person in the family and both parties were billed by Verizon. Needless to say, that phone remained in service with Verizon for years afterward.
Now 5 years later we get this letter from AFNI attempting to collect on a bill that was paid, and the error acknowledged by Verizon. Apparently, this is a special form of consumer fraud that is AFNI's milieu.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Easton, PAI responded in written form and included the following:
Therefore, you are requested to :
• Provide me with the name, address, and phone number of the party or parties employed by Verizon who initiated this action. Full disclosure is required by federal regulation.
• In addition, you are requested to provide this in written form and refrain from any telephone communication prior to the receipt of such documentation.
Please be advised in advance that all calls from your agency will be recorded. We shall request the name of the employee and the supervisor on duty at the time so please be prepared to provide that information slowly and clearly. Failure to adhere to FCC rules will be reported and all appropriate legal action shall be pursued.
Needless to say, AFNI’s record of violation leading to class action suit in Illinois is of real interest to me and my attorneys.
More Afni Inc Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni Collections - ripoff - fraud
- Afni, Inc - Harassment!
- Afni Collection Agency - Rip off and scam! 
- Afni, Inc. - How to dispute an Afni Collections letter 
- Afni Collections - Supposed Verizon bill from 1996!