Afni Inc. / Terrible company!

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I just received a bill from AFNI concerning a phone bill stating that I owed Verizon phone service over $1300.00 from over 11 years ago. When I called them they were rude, and the only thing they were concerned about was the money. I have never had Verizon phone service to begin with. I ended up hanging up on them.

Comments

• La
      12th of Mar, 2009

OK...my case, Equifax sent me an alert that collection agency made an account on me and it says $949.00!!! I didn't even receive the collection letters! I checked everything I could and ended up with calling CINGULAR WIRESS. They couldn't pull out my information while we were taling. They said they would call me back in a few...I had to teach and couldn't take the phone call from AT&T (I wish I could take!!), they left a message and they transfered 9 Dollars 47 cents in 2005 to AFNI (which I still had no idea that I owed to cingular since I have been paying off everytime I received invoice from them). And this is truly the beginning of the nightmere! I called the number AT&T gave me (which is AFNI, of course), and the guy was sooooooo rude. HE OFFERED $478 for the settlement!! I just couldn't believe it! How come 9 dollars 47 cents become $949!! then make me pay the half for the settlement???? I kept telling him that let me call AT&T and call you back again...but he just kept insisting me to pay.

I am sooooo screwed now and scared...