Aflac / not paying disability claims

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased disability insurance through aflac through my employer. I was assurred that god forbid anything ever happen to me and i had to be out on disability that this insurance would help me and make up for some of my lost wages. Well, this past january i had a medical emergency that put me out of work for about 4 months. Needless to say i filed my claim with aflac to collect my disability payments and all i did was get the run around. I had to request all of my own medical records from the hospital to prove that this was no a pre - existing condition, this went on for all for months back and forth. Well, finally i recieved a check from them for only 20 days of the 4 months i have been out of work. It took 4 months to get paid for 20 days who knows how long it's going to take to get paid for the entire 4 months i was off of work??? Still getting the run around all they do is tell you one lie after another to pass time so that they can hold on to their money as long as they can! I do not recommend anyone investing their hard earned money into this company. Take it from me and the others that have posted their complaints here, they will not be there for you when you need them. But they will be knocking on your door for their premiums every month!!! The company that i work for has over 200 employees and i have let everyone there know about what they have done to me and incourage them to cancel their policies.

Ma

Comments

• Cl
      27th of Aug, 2009

I've never had a problem with Aflac everytime I ever needed them they helped me okay. I just went out on disability on the 10th of this month and I've already recieved my payments. Sorry anyone else is having problems but they treated me okay.

• Ha
      11th of Oct, 2009

I am going through the same thing, I had 2 seperate surgeries performed with one surgical intervention on April 28th. AFLAC has given me the run around for months, since May 09 also. One surgery was for a pre-existing condition that I was already scheduled to have surgery for. Before the surgery I developed a new non pre-existing issue that also needed surgery. Both surgeons agreed it was in my best interest to do both with one opening then to have me opened twice. When I appealled based on the new issue not being pre-existing they told me to have my surgeon write a letter to that regard and they would approve it. I got the letter, then they wanted something else, this has gone on for months. Each time I prove what they wanted they find something else for me to do. Now they want a doctor to explain something from my surgical notes that they have had since May 25th, now they have a question about that. This has gotten to the point where I feel I am being harassed by AFLAC, I have proven over and over again that the new condition was not pre-existing, letters from doctors, EOB's, c-scan results, meeting with a representative and now they come up with another thing. AFLAC as far as I am concerned is a legalized savings account for a corporation, they dont keep their word and they make everything difficult. I have lost so many hours from work to leave and get letters from doctors, spend hours on the phone and drive all over the place for their newest request. I was out for 4 weeks and my doctor even wrote a letter that I was out that long because of the non pre-existing part of the surgery. Trust me dont spend your hard earned money with this company and their duck, go with a customer caring company like Colonial (aflac's biggest competition), AFLAC is a bunch of quacks !!!

• Ga
      5th of Apr, 2011

I am a teacher and am having a huge problem with AFLAC. They simply refuse to pay for my short term disability. HAs anyone successfully sued AFLAC? I need a good lawyer. I am not going away AFLAC!

• Sh
      14th of Nov, 2015

I was in the hospital for a new illness and aflac tell me its pre existing and ut wasn't. Ran all over got the papers they needed still no pat for hispital ambulance or shot term. Aflac us a quack insurance company. I advise everyone not to accept thus run aroun lying company!!!