AES American Education Services, Student Loan / mistakes abound and terrible service

1 NC, United States Review updated:

This company has nothing in the way of customer satisfaction or friendly service. They can't even manage their accounts! Look elsewhere for your loans!!!

There was a problem with my account that resulted in aes thinking I had not paid my bill. When I called aes to clear up I spoke to a young, curt representative. When I asked to speak to a manager or superior I was told there was none available.

The young man then proceeded to belittle me and laugh at me. I worked in retail all through college and have never once heard of/ seen such poor customer service skills.

I called back later and spoke to someone else who was able to get the ball rolling with my account problem, but it would be another few months before it was completely resolved. As for the young man, when I tried to log a complaint, I was informed there was no such process.

Comments

• Rj
      7th of Aug, 2009

That’s an awful situation, what you’re dealing with. Unfortunately, many of these companies do little much that taking advantege on the student's situation and for the scams they're involved they should recieve some sort of punishment, but they don’t.
    I hope by the time you read this message you will have your situation already worked out, but otherwise, I believe you should find legal advice.
    By the way, I've found this website http://studentloans.com.ar (a parked domain for sale) where you can read about the unbelievable CPC advertisers pay for "student loans" $12/click!! Why are they willing to pay so much? Draw your own conclusions...

• Jb
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I hate AES. They have the worse customer service that I have ever experienced in my LIFE. They have very inexperienced representatives that do little more than give one to two words answers and send you back to an old outdated recording system that does nothing more than take you through an endless loop to nowhere. I cannot wait to pay them off and be through with them FOREVER!!!