Aeropostalereturns

I purchased jeans on the Aeropostal Website this past week (1/16/17). The jeans did not fit once I recieved them (5 days later). I called customer service the following day. I was advised to take them for an exchange or refund to the nearest store. Once I drove an hour to get to the store (Evansville, Indiana) the employees aplogized, and called the company. When the company refused to return or exchange, not only was I upset but so were the employees.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Evansville, IN The company advised me that they would send a box to have me send back the product, which would take 7-10 business days to get back to the company, and then it would take 60-90 days before I would recieve the appropriate amount I paid back. I was hustled out of $100.00, and it forced me from now on to take my business else where. Hollister is now my Jean provider, due to the poor customer satisfaction policies. I understand why this company went bankrupt. I would rather spend a $1 more to get treated fairly.

Jan 21, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 22, 2017

Were they from the Areo store online, or one of their 3rd party vendors? Or it was an item that was not sold in stores. As for the refund, it can take several weeks before you see it on your card statement.

From the Areo website:

RETURNS TO AN AEROPOSTALE RETAIL STORE

It is easy to return products purchased on www.aeropostale.com to any Aéropostale® store. Just follow these steps:

Find the nearest Aéropostale® store by using our Store Locator (Please note that returns must be made in-person. Aéropostale® retail stores do not accept returns via mail).
    Online returns must be accompanied by an original packing slip. Be sure to keep a copy of the packing slip for your records. Please note Online purchases made in Canada, P.S. from Aéropostale®, Room Merchandise and Online Only items cannot be returned to stores
    Returns/exchanges will be accepted for unwashed, unworn or defective merchandise within 60 days of the original purchase date with the original sales or gift receipt.
    Take the item and original packing slip to any Aéropostale® store. Aéropostale® merchandise must be returned to an Aéropostale® location. P.S. from Aéropostale® merchandise must be returned to a P.S. from Aéropostale® location.
    The store associate will process your return and issue you a credit to the original form of payment if payment was made with a gift card or credit card. Purchases made using Bill Me Later® or PayPal® as a payment method that are returned to a store will be refunded to a Merchandise Return Card. If you wish to receive credit to your PayPal or Bill Me Later account, please ship your items back using our online return option. Returns made with a gift receipt will be refunded to a Merchandise Return Card.
    Please allow 30 days for the credit to appear on your billing statement. Please note that your original shipping costs will not be refunded.

•   Jan 22, 2017

By the way, here is Hollister's return policy.