Aeroplan / miles

NV, United States Review updated:

Aeroplan claims it sent me an e mail in December advising that my miles were going to expire in March of this year.
I NEVER got any such e mail, in fact tracking my e mails the last one I got from Aeroplan was in October of 2010.
They took 293, 000 airline points from me. The Aeroplan agent I spoke to who went by the name Gord seemed to enjoy telling me too bad. Said even if I didn't get the e mail (he just fell short of calling me a liar) that it was in all the newspapers and on the CBC, problem with that is I live in the U.S. When I asked to speak to someone higher up he said there is no one else higher up. He then said if I want the points I can buy them back at a penny a mile. It would cost me $2963.53.
These points were for emergency travel and this is the way Air canada rewards loyality?

Comments

• Li
      May 13, 2011

Air Canada never had class. It was alousy airline seemed to improve for a while when it had to compete with Canadian but once they managed to take Canadian down now they have decided to take down loyal customers. Its hard enough to book flights with points, in many cases what cost 25, 000 a year ago now cost 60, 000. To do this is twos Aerplan and Air Canada are two bit operations. Shame on you. The satisfaction we will get is seeing Westjet eroding your service. Will Air Canada then start to suck up to their customers then? If they do we should turn on backs on them and work to support Westjets successes

• Dt
      Jul 18, 2012

I had similar experience. They insisted they sent their email and said even if there was no email, I should be well aware of the policy as a consumer! I will never take Air Canada again unless I absolutely have to.

• Da
      Sep 09, 2017

I just lost over 42, 000 air miles without any kind of notice(no notification of any kind). I was sick for quite a period of time following which I checked my account only to find that I only had 17 points. When I contacted aeroplan they told me too bad. I have been a member for 28 years. ...What a loyalty plan...now I have a loyalty plan of my own "AVOID AIR CANADA"