Aeroplan / miles
Aeroplan claims it sent me an e mail in December advising that my miles were going to expire in March of this year.
I NEVER got any such e mail, in fact tracking my e mails the last one I got from Aeroplan was in October of 2010.
They took 293, 000 airline points from me. The Aeroplan agent I spoke to who went by the name Gord seemed to enjoy telling me too bad. Said even if I didn't get the e mail (he just fell short of calling me a liar) that it was in all the newspapers and on the CBC, problem with that is I live in the U.S. When I asked to speak to someone higher up he said there is no one else higher up. He then said if I want the points I can buy them back at a penny a mile. It would cost me $2963.53.
These points were for emergency travel and this is the way Air canada rewards loyality?
More Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice! 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - fraud and cheating! 
- Aeroplan - no longer good value 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - mystery taxes & fees 
- Aeroplan.com - unethical, misleading information
- Aeroplan.com - aeroplan account
- Aeroplan.com - being charged for phone booking when the aeroplan website is broken
- Aeroplan.com - expired miles
- Aeroplan.com - unethical behaviour, notifications for cancelled flights non existent