Aeromexico / break agreement

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

On Monday March 24th 2014 I flew from Los Angeles California USA (LAX) to Mexico City Mexico (MEX) and took a connecting flight to Lima Peru (LIM) with this airline. While in the Mexico airport, all passenger were told to pick up their checked luggage at baggage claim to have it processed through customs even if only for their connecting flight. Only one of my two checked bags were at the baggage carousel. I asked customer service next to the carousel where my other bag was. There were 2 female representatives who offered to track down my bag but neither spoke very much English. At first they said I only checked one bag. I insisted I checked 2 bags. They looked researched my flight information in the computer using my baggage claim receipt and said my other bag never left Los Angeles but they would have it sent to Lima the next day then delivered to the address of my choice in Peru. I provided an address in Lima Peru. They said I should check in at the AeroMexico office once I arrive in Lima to tell them I'm expecting a bag and to pick up $100 US cash or more for my troubles.

When I landed in Lima I went to the AeroMexico office but their doors were closed and nobody came to the door upon knocking even though their hours of operation would lead anyone to believe they should be open. I had a bilingual friend call the next morning. The representative said when the bag arrive they will deliver it but it wouldn't arrive until the late afternoon. Below is a call log:
03/25/2014
1100 we called [protected] and asked for information but got hung up on.
1104 we called again and started the conversation by asking for the representative's name but got hung up on.
1108 called a 3rd time and spoke with Carolina Perez. We were placed on an extended hold so we hung up.
1120 4th call and spoke with Laura Gonzalez. Advised to call AeroMexico in the Jorge Chavez airport but she was not able to find the phone #. Bag is currently in Lima and will be delivered today.
1145 after searching for the AeroMexico phone # for LIM, we called and spoke with Jennifer who said to come to the airport between [protected] or [protected] for $100 and file a claim for insulin reimbursement.

The bag didn't arrive at the address given so the next morning we called AeroMexico in Lima again. They said the bag had been in the airport this whole time. They said it was never sent to baggage claim in Mexico City but instead it was transferred directly to the connecting flight. My bag circled the baggage claim the night I arrived until an airport official picked it up since it was unclaimed. They refused to provide a $100 refund & said the problem originated in Mexico City, I would need to claim my $100 in Mexico City.

In conclusion, my 2 bottles of insulin were out of refrigeration too long to be effective. Each bottle retails for about $150 (Humalog). I expect >= another $100 I was promised by this airline.

• Updated by PoofyChancro, Oct 21, 2017

AeroMexico sucks so hard. If you like the feeling of being tortured then fly AeroMexico.

• Updated by PoofyChancro, Oct 21, 2017

To this day AeroMexico has not rectified their thieving of my luggage & my money. Money towards an AeroMexico ticket = money wasted. Don't be fooled by AeroMexico's false promises like I was.

Po
May 11, 2015

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2015

we fly from Orlando to Merida often.. Bad part is we have to Chane planes in Mexico city. This will be the third time we had things stolen from Our Luggage. I complaned and all I get is an answer" we have no control over luggage' we give it to a thrid party company and they are responcible. After weeks of Calls and Nothing happens.. we will think twice befiore we Take aeromexico again' the flights are Good Once you are onboard. BUT always stolen things from Luggage. . Shoes, we are alowed 5 L of Liqure and always one gone. .
    Aeromexico never takes responsibilty for Nothing.
    SO!!! we are done.