Aer Lingus / Lost my luggage

1 Israel Review updated:

The baggage department staff continually repeated to us that they were doing everything possible to retrieve our luggage. 2 and a half weeks later they still don't know where one of the bags is. The first bag turned up in an Aer Lingus van while one of the staff members was telling me they still didn't know where the bags where on the phone. It's been 2 and a half weeks since we landed from our trip to South Africa and one of the bags is still missing. 3 days ago I asked a family member living in SA to go to the airport for me. It was a 3 hour round trip for him but he found my bag in 10 minutes! He then booked it on the next KLM flight to Dublin. Today Aer Lingus still can't tell me where my bag is. I think this is a global problem though, there is nothing in place for airports to retrieve luggage that has lost it's label, in our case this was because they were both opened at JHB airport and things were stolen, please see seperate main complain on South African Airways.

Va

Comments

• Es
      17th of Aug, 2008

Yesterday 16 august I was due to travel to Bilbao from Dublin with a group of 5 youngsters and two leadres. Through not fault of us we got to the airport at 11, 45. Our flight was at 12.30 afternoon.I think 45 minutes is reasonable to arrive at the checking desk and fly. Well, tehy said it was closed 5 minutes ago and she would not check us in. We had to buy another ticket fro Madrid and then pay 1.000 euro for 2 taxis to take us to bilbao. Now this is not fair. It was not aour fault and we fot to teh airpot well on time.
    Many times I know of people who went to check in 30 minutes before the fly and they were accepted.
    I beleive Aer Lingus should compensate us for all the trouble.

• Ar
      3rd of Oct, 2008

why do you need to hide the cost of traveling as if the customer will go ahead and pay just because he has started booking. this ripoff culture cannot be good for your business.

I was looking to travel with Aerlingus to the states and tried making use of all the offers you had but they were just too expensive in comparison with other airlines.

However my greatest surprise was that after booking with another airline to travel to the states which is more than 25% cheaper than what Aerlingus offered, my return flight was booked with Aerlingus.

This Ripoff culture is not helping you in this age of competition and excess information.

Arthur