Advantage Car Rental / Get what you pay for

1 6660 First Park Ten Blvd. # 116San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 78213-4211

We waited in line for over an hour at the Denver location to check-in with a reservation. There were approximately 10 customers in line ahead of us and there were three reps working the counters. Employees were running around and the entire operation was disorganized. Even once we reached the counter it took over 20 minutes to check our reservation, find a car and then deliver the car. One solution may be to have a line for reservation holders and a line for those w/o a reservation.

On the 29th when we returned the car we waited 30 minutes for a shuttle to arrive to take us to the terminal. After the check-in experience I kind of expected the check-out experience to be equally disastrous so we showed up with enough time to still make our flight.

We chose Advantage because the cost was less than other companies but I would rather pay a little more for better service. I have rented from Budget, National, Alamo and Hertz and I have never had to wait for service like I did with Advantage. I guess you get what you pay for, needless to say next time I will go with one of the other companies.

Va

Comments

Ka
  28th of Aug, 2008

I reserved a car at the Toronto airport location in April. Upon arrival on July 17 we waited over 45 minutes for a shuttle. I was told that the reserved car was not available and that another was being brought from another site. There was no explation for why the car was not available, just the "these things happen". After waiting another hour at the filthy office where we were basically ignored, after much prodding a car was made available and forms filled out. At no time was it explained that the rental would be handled by Universal rent a car instead, the so called Advantage staff handled the entire transaction. I was promised the same rate that I had been quoted. The car we were given, a supposed premium car, was dirty and badly scratched. When we returned the car, we were given a receipt for the charges with the total matching the original quote . However, upon receipt of our Visa bill, we noticed a nearly $100 difference from the signed contract and the actual charge. It seems we have been a victim of a bait and switch, since we were never informed of the change of rental car company or the additional charges. The Advantage franchise at Campus Drive in Mississagua is misrepresenting itself, the staff is beyond rude, difficult to understand and evasive. Do not rent from them!

Gj
  1st of Jun, 2011

I reserved an Advantage car through Priceline for my trip to SLC. I added a car seat to my reservation and the total went up. When I arrived at Advantage, I waited nearly 45 minutes with a toddler. Then I was told that the seat was available but not included in the price. I asked why the price of the online reservation had gone up, and the attendant could not tell me. She did tell me that the car seat was $11.99 per day. Then she said that I could have the seat for free if I upgraded to a higher priced vehicle. Since I did not have a seat, I decided to upgrade since it was the same price.The car seat they gave me was filthy. After I finally got in the car and drove away, I realized the gas gage showed the car was nearly empty. Advantage had not filled the car. I had to bring the car back on full, so that was at least $45 more than I had planned. I told them that when I returned the car, but I was not compensated. In total, I spent more than $150 more than the price quoted on Priceline. The Advantage customer service sucked.